Wiki Posts
Search

Total Point Accumulation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
Total Point Accumulation

I am just curious, I know a lot of us travel for a large portion of the year and this has turned into a severe point collection addiction for some of us (certianly not me ) and others just do not have the time to spend the points they have built up.

I am just curious as to some of the point balances of the people in this forum (of course not giving exact amounts, we all know that is a no no!)

I will pass 2.1 million in the next month myself...

SAS
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi
Well thats a lot of points, I dont tend to keep them that long but this year I have spent over 400k on rewards and have around 150k in the account but with any luck I might just squeeze that upto the 200k.

This year not been that bad for travel, spent a good bit of time at home. Some sod of a salesman has sold two systems within 30minutes travel of my house, now thats a bummer.

I dont want to sound cheeky but can you transfer a few 100,000 to me....

Just thought I would get my bid in first. Also next time am over in Minny and your not on your travels, remind me to buy you a beer.

regards
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Down to 11k, I just cashed in 50K for holiday travel.
I should also have 2.1 million by 2240.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
IMHO if you stay 300+ nights per year at hotels it is good to spread the wealth with various chains. I have more than 1 million points in aggregate of which 300K are with the PC. I try my very best to burn points/miles within a year after I have earned them to not having to experience devaluations of points.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 1:34 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
I usally keep a balance of 300,000 and earn and redeem about 500,000 a year. Don't like to keep to many incase they change the program. My favourite places to redeem are Bora Bora and the Holiday Inn at Phi Phi in Thialand.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I have earned just over 200k this year and only have 3k left in the account. Redeemed 7 nights in Bora Bora and some theme park passes.
May as well use the points before you lose em.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:33 pm

450K points

I have redeemed 3 Any Hotel, Anywhere Prepaid Card for stays at the Ritz
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:31 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler / Plat, ICH RA Plat, Gold Father, Nickel Husband
I have earned approximately 650K Miles this year with 2 more trips coming. And, have used about 100K of those points so far.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have about 300k in the bank, having redeemed around 100k this year so far.

I guess I average around 40-50 nights p/a so split mainly HI but some other chains also.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:54 am

Programs: NWA/Delta SE, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
I have over 700K banked and have used at least 200K in holiday travel this past year. I was wondering if any FT'er has exceeded 1 million given all the promotions over the past year or two! Had I not made use of points for inexpensive holiday's I would be over 1M easily.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:08 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Have earnt around 700K this year, but haven't been staying in ICHG for the last 3 months...
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I get about 400,000 to 500,000 points a year.

I seldom keep my total above 100k. When all else fails I change them into
Home Depot $100 gift cards.

And that is only because about 2 or 3 years ago they killed of the very lucrative free miles program and changed it to what we have now.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
I have always passed 1 million in a year since I signed up, this year could be rough. I will have 800 g this year in a week or two, maybe less.

I don't know if I can pull that off, probably low to middle 900 g.

sas

Originally Posted by richie_rich66
I have over 700K banked and have used at least 200K in holiday travel this past year. I was wondering if any FT'er has exceeded 1 million given all the promotions over the past year or two! Had I not made use of points for inexpensive holiday's I would be over 1M easily.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:47 pm
ghw

Programs: HH gold, Hyatt diamond, priority club plat, Delta Gold, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by smartassmurf
I have always passed 1 million in a year since I signed up, this year could be rough. I will have 800 g this year in a week or two, maybe less.

I don't know if I can pull that off, probably low to middle 900 g.

sas
Like the other people who replied...I try to use them as I get them, keeping 200 or 300K points in case I want to take a week or two vacation. If I had a balance greater than that I would use the points for gift cards or car rentals.... I have seen every program devaluate their points...Holiday Inns was the time several years ago when they decided most of the worthwhile locations were "special destinations" and required a greater number of points per night....
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
I've earned 243,000 this year so far on 70 stays and spent about 120,000 too!

Regards

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.