Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I get points for incidentals on a reward stay?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Should I get points for incidentals on a reward stay?

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Humboldt Park in Berlin on a free reward night. Should I receive points for incidentals charged to the room, or does the fact that it was a reward stay make even incidentals ineligible for earning points? This is my first experience with a reward stay, so any input is appreciated!
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:34 pm
RCC

I have always gotten points for food etc. charges that were billed to the room while staying on a reward night redemption.

Ric
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Humboldt Park in Berlin on a free reward night. Should I receive points for incidentals charged to the room, or does the fact that it was a reward stay make even incidentals ineligible for earning points? This is my first experience with a reward stay, so any input is appreciated!
Hi
Yes you should. I receive them all during the summer. Its well worth making sure you get a copy of all receipts. I charge everything to my room when staying on reward nights. At least you get something back.

Also if your Gold then you get an additional 10% if your Platinum you get the extra 50%

regards
RadioMan
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick answers! The stay posted today with no points, so after reading your answers I submitted a point request. Of course, I do have a receipt to back it up Thanks again!
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:43 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Ditto. I always have. Night still does not count as 'revenue night' hough (i.e. for status earning etc), even if you were to spend $1000 on incidentals !
Old Aug 26, 2005, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Ditto. I always have. Night still does not count as 'revenue night' hough (i.e. for status earning etc), even if you were to spend $1000 on incidentals !
Does this mean that it won't count as a night toward the "Stay X, get 10,000 points" promos?
Old Aug 26, 2005, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Does this mean that it won't count as a night toward the "Stay X, get 10,000 points" promos?
Correct. It won't count. Only stays that are paid for.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:51 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Indeed. That was the point I was making.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 10:08 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Pulling up your Account Activity screen on the PC website will tell you exactly what your stay has earned you, including stay credit, points and/or miles. So on an award stay, it should show "0" under the Qualifying Nights column (and therefore won't count as a stay for any promo or for earning status), but a number (depending on how much you paid for incidentals) under the points or miles column (depending on your selected earnings preference).
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:48 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
How about reward stay at an IC?

If I have a reward stay at an IC, and dinner at the hotel restaurant, etc., I guess I would not get any points because ICs don't go by dollars spent. Am I right?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 7:49 am

Location: newnan, ga, usa PM and 2mm Delta, LPM Marriott, Diamond Hyatt, Diamond Best Western, gold NW, Platinum 6C Priority
Points for free stay

Priority Club points are based upon the amount spent for room and incidentals. Free stays still get points for incidentals.
Here's an example:
22 May 2005 0 LONDON-HEATHROW (CP)
LONDON,
ENGLAND
Add To Favorites
Non-Qualifying Stay 1606 pts.

1606 pts
Old Aug 30, 2005, 9:51 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
ICs too?

Originally Posted by robbr
Priority Club points are based upon the amount spent for room and incidentals. Free stays still get points for incidentals.
Here's an example:
22 May 2005 0 LONDON-HEATHROW (CP)
LONDON,
ENGLAND
Add To Favorites
Non-Qualifying Stay 1606 pts.

1606 pts
I was under the impression that we get 2000 PC points per paid IC stay, regardless of actually spend?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by choptliva
If I have a reward stay at an IC, and dinner at the hotel restaurant, etc., I guess I would not get any points because ICs don't go by dollars spent. Am I right?
Well... I think u r right. I never got any points from IC on a reward stay.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Dragging up this old post to mention that I had two recent IC reward stays (Sao Paulo and Santiago – both wonderful properties) and I have been awarded points for incidental spend during each stay.

I'm fairly new to the IHG program, and based on what I had read here prior to my stays I wasn't expecting any points, but thought I'd share my experience.

As always, I guess it's a case of YMMV
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by inasmuchas
Dragging up this old post to mention that I had two recent IC reward stays (Sao Paulo and Santiago – both wonderful properties) and I have been awarded points for incidental spend during each stay.

I'm fairly new to the IHG program, and based on what I had read here prior to my stays I wasn't expecting any points, but thought I'd share my experience.

As always, I guess it's a case of YMMV
For ICs which are at US, Mexico, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean, you earn 10pts/USD spent. For ICs outside the above area, you get 2k pts/Stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.