Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I get points for incidentals on a reward stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Sorry for reviving an old thread. I finished a reward stay on Sunday. I still don't see any mention of it in my account history and incidental points have not posted.

How long should I wait until filing a claim? Is it better to contact the hotel directly first?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by moe8555
Sorry for reviving an old thread. I finished a reward stay on Sunday. I still don't see any mention of it in my account history and incidental points have not posted.

How long should I wait until filing a claim? Is it better to contact the hotel directly first?
Where was this hotel? Incidentals are only given in the Americas.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Where was this hotel? Incidentals are only given in the Americas.
The hotel was in Romania. But oddly enough, I had 367 base points and an additional 163 platinum bonus points post yesterday. I had about $100 in incidental spending, so that doesn't seem like the correct amount if it indeed is for the spending.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
The hotel was in Romania. But oddly enough, I had 367 base points and an additional 163 platinum bonus points post yesterday. I had about $100 in incidental spending, so that doesn't seem like the correct amount if it indeed is for the spending.
Not all Incidental is covered on paid/award anyway, eg car parking, inroom movies , but Food+drink is covered but not eg room service fee for in room dining. Then you need take any tax off that amount so 367base points equate to 36.7++ = 45usd

See if you can expand your bill online to see what is posted by category to give points.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Not all Incidental is covered on paid/award anyway, eg car parking, inroom movies , but Food+drink is covered but not eg room service fee for in room dining. Then you need take any tax off that amount so 367base points equate to 36.7++ = 45usd

See if you can expand your bill online to see what is posted by category to give points.

I have had some (but not all) where the movies have counted, but never car parking, and as scubaccr says, food should also earn, but not the additional fees, such as room service charges. Also, if you get points, it will be on the amount net of any tax.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
For ICs which are at US, Mexico, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean, you earn 10pts/USD spent. For ICs outside the above area, you get 2k pts/Stay
As of July 1, 2014, all ICs (like HIs, CPs, HXes, etc.) worldwide earn 10 points/USD (taxes excluded). And including most incidentals. See the Ts and Cs.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:17 pm
alc

Off topic - didn't realized it was an old thread, so start reading from Post #1. Then I saw a reply from "RadioMan" and thought - wow RadioMan is back, the mod for this forum when I join FT and the IHG thread was what brought me to FT.... but then realized it was from a reply from 2005.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You should get a flat 2000 base + 1000 Platinum, regardless of room rate or incidentals.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:07 am

It was the Crowne Plaza, not IC...
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:19 am

Just got this from CS

Dear Mr. Lecter,

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your Platinum Elite account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your account discrepancy.

Please be advised that points from incidentals incurred are not applicable when staying a any Intercontinental Hotels.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Just got this from CS

Dear Mr. Lecter,

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your Platinum Elite account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your account discrepancy.

Please be advised that points from incidentals incurred are not applicable when staying a any Intercontinental Hotels.
This thread is two years old, but I wanted to revive it and see if the policy still applies. I had over $1,000USD in incidentals at an Intercontinental in Seoul, and I never got any points. Is that how it should be?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
This thread is two years old, but I wanted to revive it and see if the policy still applies. I had over $1,000USD in incidentals at an Intercontinental in Seoul, and I never got any points. Is that how it should be?
Depends on what the incidentals are

From the member T&Cs

Originally Posted by T&C
Eligible Charges Worldwide also include food and beverage, telephone, laundry, and in-room movies charged to the member's room. Charges at restaurants not operated by the hotel may not be eligible for points. Hotels may choose to award points for other charges at their discretion.
If the $1000 was for any or all of food and beverage, telephone, laundry, and in-room movies charged to the member's room, then you should receive points for that.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Depends on what the incidentals are

From the member T&Cs

If the $1000 was for any or all of food and beverage, telephone, laundry, and in-room movies charged to the member's room, then you should receive points for that.
I see. I was on a rewards stay, but I was paying a cash upgrade fee per night. I would have thought that would count, as it wouldn't that count as a rate?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Unfortunately it seems that cash upgrade fees never count. I had the same at the IC Bali for a rewards stay where I paid up for Club for 4 nights. Does not count. My F&B spend though posted without issue.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
I see. I was on a rewards stay, but I was paying a cash upgrade fee per night. I would have thought that would count, as it wouldn't that count as a rate?
nope; it was a points stay with cash for an upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.