List of IC hotels that respect RA benefits on AWARD stays

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
Originally Posted by ag51
IC Miami (downtown)

Award night in Feb 2007:

Upgrade: Yes, to a two-room suite, with harbour view
Complementary Minibar: Yes (had to ask for charge to be removed on checkout, but done without hesitation)
Club lounge access: Yes
You had to ask for the minibar charge to be removed ? Isn't that a little bit cheeky?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:43 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
IC Al Ain

Upgrade: Yes, to a large suite (940) on top floor with a large wraparound balcony and great views - if it was not for the sandstorm on one day and the thunder and lighting and torrential rain on the second day;-)
Complementary Minibar: Yes (comprehensive but not refreshed during stay)
Club lounge access: N/A
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Squirrel99uk
You had to ask for the minibar charge to be removed ? Isn't that a little bit cheeky?
Not atypical, actually. It shouldn't be that way but IC has not provided their hotels with a better model.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
IC Tokyo Bay

Upgrade: To a club room I think, with Bay View (wonderful view of Rainbow Bridge).
Complementary Minibar: Yes
Club lounge access: Yes - although it's really not worth it, not a very good Club to be honest.

More detail here:

http://www.philstraveldiary.co.uk/Asian_Tour/hotel4.htm
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any experience with the IC Wellington? TIA!
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Ic La

5000 point award stay
upgrade to suite
free mini bar
free movie
offered 4:00 pm checkout
asked which newspaper I preferred
sent up a free amenity (fruit and water)
I was treated royally!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:43 pm

boy are you lucky. I stayed at the IC LA in Jan on a paid stay as an RA and had to beg for a late check out and recieved no amenity gift or newspaper.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 3:48 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by coopervanning
boy are you lucky. I stayed at the IC LA in Jan on a paid stay as an RA and had to beg for a late check out and recieved no amenity gift or newspaper.
I think it was my RA status that did it. Otherwise, who knows?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 4:30 pm

In January the staff probably just wasn't used to the new loyalty program yet.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Amstel IC - Recognised RA Benefits - FANTASTIC

Mrs Mole and I have just stayed three nights (all on points) at the IC Amstel.

The hotel was fantastic.

I contacted the hotel before booking and asked whether I would be able to upgrade from the standard city view room to a room with a canal view. I was quoted 30 euros per night for the upgrade but once they knew my wife held Ambassador status they said the upgrade would be free. I then made the reservation and contacted the hotel as requested and noted that our stay showed we had booked a room with a canal view. This status remained up to when we flew to Amsterdam.

When we checked in we were told as my wife held RA status (so do I by the way) we were being upgraded to a suite. As there were no Junior Suites available we were upgraded to an Executive Suite (corner suite). Our suite was at the back of the hotel therefore we only had one small window that afforded a canal view - would I have wanted to have kept the standard room with canal view - i don't think so!!!!!!

We were treated like Royality and were given 6 bottles (50 CL) of spirits. We were told we had a free minibar which included sparkling wine, wine, beers and soft drinks (restocked each day). We were also told the free minibar included snacks.
We also received a free gift - print, and fruit and bottled water.

We were allowed a 4.00pm checkout.

Overall our best IC stay - I booked the hotel's airport collection service - cost 75 Euros each way. We also dined at La Rive - I reserved a table at the time of booking the room. Yes it's expensive but we thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

As I have previously reported I do like to give the hotel I am staying at on a rewards night some income - you never know this could have been the reason for the large upgrade - the best rate for the executive suite is in excess of 1000 euros.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 11:45 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by melvin the mole
Mrs Mole and I have just stayed three nights (all on points) at the IC Amstel.

The hotel was fantastic.

I contacted the hotel before booking and asked whether I would be able to upgrade from the standard city view room to a room with a canal view. I was quoted 30 euros per night for the upgrade but once they knew my wife held Ambassador status they said the upgrade would be free. I then made the reservation and contacted the hotel as requested and noted that our stay showed we had booked a room with a canal view. This status remained up to when we flew to Amsterdam.

When we checked in we were told as my wife held RA status (so do I by the way) we were being upgraded to a suite. As there were no Junior Suites available we were upgraded to an Executive Suite (corner suite). Our suite was at the back of the hotel therefore we only had one small window that afforded a canal view - would I have wanted to have kept the standard room with canal view - i don't think so!!!!!!

We were treated like Royality and were given 6 bottles (50 CL) of spirits. We were told we had a free minibar which included sparkling wine, wine, beers and soft drinks (restocked each day). We were also told the free minibar included snacks.
We also received a free gift - print, and fruit and bottled water.

We were allowed a 4.00pm checkout.

Overall our best IC stay - I booked the hotel's airport collection service - cost 75 Euros each way. We also dined at La Rive - I reserved a table at the time of booking the room. Yes it's expensive but we thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

As I have previously reported I do like to give the hotel I am staying at on a rewards night some income - you never know this could have been the reason for the large upgrade - the best rate for the executive suite is in excess of 1000 euros.
Glad you had such a good experience. I am really looking forward to my stay in October.
Old May 6, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
IC Cannes

can anyone post recent RA benefits here on award stays?
Old May 8, 2007, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by rollingby
In January the staff probably just wasn't used to the new loyalty program yet.
You are correct. In January I explained RA program to the person checking me in, who'd never heard of it, and got most perks (eventually).
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
IC Miami Award Stay

IC Miami

-Upgrade - Yes to suite with harbour view
-Complementary Minibar - No
-Club lounge access - Yes
Old Jun 21, 2007, 8:08 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Squirrel99uk
IC Miami

-Upgrade - Yes to suite with harbour view
-Complementary Minibar - No
-Club lounge access - Yes
Were you specifically told mini-bar was not free or did you find out the hard way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.