Wiki Posts
Search

CP Kuala Lumpur Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by infoworks
Finally, I understand the IC is in negotiations to take over the Istana Hotel, which is now pretty tired, diagonally oposite, close it down, renovate and reopen.
I wont be surprised if the clowns at Pernas (owner of CP & Istana KL) agree to the Istana being rebranded as a Holiday Inn
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:38 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
They have kept the Mutiara name in with the CP because the basins and other stuff is so branded they can't quickly or cheaply change it. most taxis know the "old Hilton" or Mutiara but not the CP as itself.

Yes, they are very polite at not responding!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
I wont be surprised if the clowns at Pernas (owner of CP & Istana KL) agree to the Istana being rebranded as a Holiday Inn
I once had to stay at Traders in Manila, which had been a HI for 20 years until Traders took it over - that's how bad it was - so Istana to HI - hmmmm - sounds like a high possibility and a wasted opportunity.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 10:11 pm

Got upgraded to grand delux room, approx 58sm as platinum, but no lounge access. Quite like the upgraded room. Other stays in KL include Hilton which gave lounge access to gold, but nothing from Westin KL as gold member.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 4:32 am

The trouble for me is the Hilton is nowhere near where I want to go, and as gold should get exec/club floor. I do get it at CP and will be there later this week.

They are really nice to me, and like you I like the rooms, but it still takes 3 goes to get anything done!
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:12 am

I did ask for lounge access over bigger room, but they won't give it to me. Where is CP can you access free internet through Wi-fi, other than club levels?
Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:04 am

CP club floor is Level 21 and has free wireless access. I get put on 20 or 22 as I am definitely a non-smoking room person and rooms 2005/2205 are under/over the club, a larger room and connects to the wireless. I am not sure how far it extends beyond that.

They do seem fussy about the club, which has nice staff but in other respects is pretty ordinary, especially the food offerings, but nice view of KLCC one side.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 1:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Just a bit of advice. AVOID Room 2820 at ALL COSTS.
Checked-in yesterday morning. "Mr meremale, we're happy to upgrade you to a Grand Deluxe Room....". So, I went up to the room, hit by a blast of warm air when I opened the room door. OK, so I thought maybe the air-con wasn't turned on. Unpacked and left the morning for a full day's worth of meetings.
Came back at 9pm. Opened the room door, and was greeted with another blast of warm air.
Apparently, something is wrong with the coolant fan blower or something. Also, the room being at the end and at the top of the hotel, do not have a very good air circulation within the hotel.
Immediately went down to reception to change rooms.
Now I sitting and enjoying the cool room climate whilst looking down at the hot sun shining down on the worker drones, sweating their butts off. Bwahahahaha.

Shame on CP trying to pass off a terrible room as an upgrade. Room service should have warned reception about the room.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:09 am

I hate when that happens. So far I haven't had that problem there, but I do think the AC is noisy and the room controls don't seem to do much. I was in 2225 last time I think. But you are right, the left had should tell the right but they never seem to! Will be there in Nov, and will avoid that room!
Old Oct 11, 2005, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'll also be there late November. Thanks for the tip.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:39 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
I was just at the CP KL for a couple of nights and was pleasantly surprised by the improvement in the service provided in pretty much every area. I received a Platinum upgrade to a Grand Deluxe room from the regular Deluxe (I didn't ask about Club access, but wasn't too fussed either, was happy with the room upgrade).

Check in was the fastest I've had at any hotel ever that I could recall, I showed them my Priority Club card, they gave me the keys straight away, and off I went - no request for credit card imprint, no need for passport copy, nothing (I had stayed before, but the check-in experience was nothing like that the previous time). In the room there was a welcome amenity of a decent fruit platter, a small box of chocolates and a couple of bottles of water.

Service throughout the stay was friendly, helpful and professional all round, again surprising me given the previous experience I'd had at the CP KL, and service I've experienced in general in Malaysia. Check-out was as just as swift as check-in, a quick signature and off I went.

I'd still rate the CP KL as one of the best value for money hotels I've stayed in, my nightly rate was only MYR187++ a night. The addition since my last stay of the escalators at the back of the hotel to provide a shortcut to get to the Convention Centre definitely improves accessibility from the hotel as well, enabling access to KLCC mostly underground.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:51 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
The general manager of the hotel did say that they look after Priority CLub members:

A quote from here:http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/cont...bfc00-933d15ba

“This award really pays tribute to the commitment of my entire team at the hotel to ensure we meet and exceed the expectations of all our customers, whether they book online, or through a travel agency partner, and especially if they are Priority Club members,” Riley added.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:04 am

I agree, they have lifted their service game a lot. but I am also staying there a lot and they now know me, especially the club staff, who are excellent.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:08 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
rates are up

hi ,

are the 170myr rates gone?
cant find anything below 500 .

dp
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi ,

are the 170myr rates gone?
cant find anything below 500 .

dp
With 5 star properties pricing themselves at MYR300 and above (due to a directive from the government), I dont think we would ever see rates as low as MYR170 at this property. More likely to be around MYR200-250 .

MYR500 seems very high, does your date coincide with a major convention ?(the new convention centre is just down the road)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.