Last edit by: FLYGVA
New promotion for stays between May 15, 2021 - August 16, 2021
  • Stay 1: no bonus
  • Stay 2: double points
  • Stay 3 & all subsequent stays: triple points
The registration code, if required, is 51408

Registration link

Print Wikipost

IHG Summer 2021 promo - up to 3x points (May 15 - Aug 16, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2021, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
IHG Summer 2021 promo - up to 3x points (May 15 - Aug 16, 2021)

Nothing yet on the IHG website, but Loyalty Lobby has posted an announcement with details for the next promo:

IHG Rewards Up To Triple Points May 15 – August 16, 2021 - LoyaltyLobby

(Also posted in the discussion thread sticky, so if this is considered a dupe, please delete)
yscleo likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 12:53 am

Think I will skip the first stay and go straight to stay 2

Here’s how the bonus points add up:

• Stay 1: no bonus
  • Stay 2: double points
  • Stay 3 & all subsequent stays: triple points
Old May 3, 2021, 1:19 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The registration link is available on the IHG homepage

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/e...ister-_-Header

The registration code, if required, is 51408
Old May 3, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Who is the idiot that wrote the registration screen? You can be logged in, yet it still requires you to enter your Rewards Club number, which you can't get without navigating away from the offer page. Just dumb.
Old May 4, 2021, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
Who is the idiot that wrote the registration screen? You can be logged in, yet it still requires you to enter your Rewards Club number, which you can't get without navigating away from the offer page. Just dumb.
Have you ever heard of using more than one browser window/tab? Or just registering with your email address?
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Have you ever heard of using more than one browser window/tab? Or just registering with your email address?
I could've looked in my address book for the number. Or find the IHG card in my travel wallet. Or any number of other things. I think you missed the point.

And while it may have been possible to register with your email address, it didn't offer the option to register with email, which would be another example of their interface programming sloppiness.
Old May 4, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I registered with my email address it took seconds , sorry fail to see the issue
craigthemif and ernestnywang like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
What was sloppy about IHG IT was when, long after security measures would have argued for higher standards, they continued to use 4-digit PINs for account access. That sloppy IT led me to lose a bunch of points when a hacker accessed my account to book flights and hotels through my account. Good customer service got all that restored. Sloppy IT then resulted in IHG crediting to my account not just the points originally deducted, but the rebate for the 10% for my Select card and the fourth night free for my Premier card for the points used for the hotel reservation (thank goodness it was for four nights or longer).

Since that incident, I have accepted the occasional foibles of the IHG system since sometimes, they work in my favor. And when they don't, a call to Customer Service tends to get it straightened out. I'm happy to accept the workarounds required to make the system work as a 21st Century IT system should.
sdsearch likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It's something though I was enjoying how the first promo got you qualifying points too.
Old May 7, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Two quick questions, if anyone already has the answer.

If I have a stay in progress when I register, does that count as my first stay?

Scratch that first question. I found the answer:
A stay can begin before the Stay Period or end after the Stay Period but will only receive the Promotion bonus points for dates within the Stay Period.
Does a reward stay count to get past that first stay? I remember for completing Accelerate bonuses IHG did not count award stays, but for this promo I am wondering if a reward stay followed by a paid stay would make the second hotel's stay count as the second stay for the promo.

(BTW, the e mail I got from IHG says the promo starts May 5th not May 15th.)

Last edited by jn in ca; May 7, 2021 at 1:54 pm
Old May 7, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by jn in ca
Does a reward stay count to get past that first stay? I remember for completing Accelerate bonuses IHG did not count award stays, but for this promo I am wondering if a reward stay followed by a paid stay would make the second hotel's stay count as the second stay for the promo.
No. Reward stay is not qualifying and not above 30USD/night.
sdsearch likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
(BTW, the e mail I got from IHG says the promo starts May 5th not May 15th.)
The Ts+Cs state it clearly :

"The promotion begins on 5 May 2021 and ends on 16 August 2021 (“Promotion Period”)"

"Stay period begins on 15 May 2021 and ends 16 August 2021 (“Stay Period”). Members will only receive bonus points for stays occurring between the Stay Period."

IHG® Rewards | Earn extra rewards when you travel | Register now Terms

So, I hope there is no more confusion
Old May 9, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I find this IHG promo to be meh. No bonus points for the first stay, really IHG? Hilton's current promo is so much better because I can get double points on up to two nights with 1 stay or triple points after 3 nights.I already have lined up several Hilton stays for this Summer, plus a few Wyndham brand hotels sprinkled in.

I guess I'll have to let my IHG Platinum get downgraded because it seems I'll be staying less at IHG properties this year.
jn in ca likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I can confirm. Promo is only valid starting of stays on the 15th of May and not the 5th of May.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:01 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Sounds like if we book 3rd night free rate via a travel agent, we earn standard points for the stay, but it will not qualify to this promo of 2x or 3x.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.