Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG still flogging Ambassador membership

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2021, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Correct. The special promo free night can only be redeemed at places that would otherwise cost 40000 points or below per night. The other one, the Amb (regular) free night is second night free, meaning you will have to pay for another night to get the free night (weekend only at IC, but no such restrictions for Kimpton). You can also use 40000 points to redeem the Amb membership in lieu of 200USD, so if you plan to stay somewhere using points that cost 40000 points in the near future, you get the Amb membership for free.
Wait... the free night promo certificate can be used at any IHG property (not greater than 40K points), or just ICs and Kimptons (not greater than 40K points)?
Old May 8, 2021, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Wait... the free night promo certificate can be used at any IHG property (not greater than 40K points), or just ICs and Kimptons (not greater than 40K points)?
Any IHG property up to 40k
Old May 8, 2021, 7:48 am

Well I took the plunge, we'll see how it all works out. intercontinental hotels are few and far between in the US but if I get platinum elite at IHG and two free nights at those hotels then I am happy. We typically enjoy Kimptons. That said what is the bougiest hotel they offer within the USA we should splurge on to take full advantage of a free night?
Old May 9, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Correct. The special promo free night can only be redeemed at places that would otherwise cost 40000 points or below per night. The other one, the Amb (regular) free night is second night free, meaning you will have to pay for another night to get the free night (weekend only at IC, but no such restrictions for Kimpton). You can also use 40000 points to redeem the Amb membership in lieu of 200USD, so if you plan to stay somewhere using points that cost 40000 points in the near future, you get the Amb membership for free.

how long does the free night cert last for? 3 months from issue 1 yr?
Old May 10, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by djp98374
how long does the free night cert last for? 3 months from issue 1 yr?
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...conditions#amb

45. InterContinental® Ambassadors who enroll in the program or renew their program between April 15, 2021 – July 31, 2021 and then complete one Qualifying Stay at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels by August 31, 2021 will be awarded a Free Night (Reward Night) redeemable for a Reward Night priced at 40,000 points or less. The Free Night (Reward Night) will be deposited into the Free Nights section of the member’s account within 72 hours after check-out from the qualifying, paid stay and will be valid until November 30, 2021. This Free Night (Reward Night) is in addition to the complimentary weekend night that is already included as an InterContinental Ambassador member benefit. Ambassador benefits are not honored at Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants globally or at Regent® Hotels & Resorts in Greater China.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
thanks

i dug around on some of the travel blogs and found the November 30 end date.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:47 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
So I'm confirming this based on what's provided so far:

1. a. The regular "Complimentary Weekend Night" can only be redeemed at InterContinental, Kimpton, and Regent.
b. It's valid for 12 months, the verbiage "valid until December 31st of the membership year deposited" is quite confusing.
c. You have to pay 1 night at member's best rate and get second night free during the weekend.

2. a. The extra free night of the promo (I got this email offer too) can be used at any IHG property up to 40K points just like your Chase Anniversary free night.
b. It's only valid until Nov 30th, 2021.
c. You have to stay at a participating hotel with paid rate by August 31st (check out date) to get this free night, I presume member's best rate would qualify?
Old May 11, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by vincewy
So I'm confirming this based on what's provided so far:

1. a. The regular "Complimentary Weekend Night" can only be redeemed at InterContinental, Kimpton, and Regent.
b. It's valid for 12 months, the verbiage "valid until December 31st of the membership year deposited" is quite confusing.
c. You have to pay 1 night at member's best rate and get second night free during the weekend.

2. a. The extra free night of the promo (I got this email offer too) can be used at any IHG property up to 40K points just like your Chase Anniversary free night.
b. It's only valid until Nov 30th, 2021.
c. You have to stay at a participating hotel with paid rate by August 31st (check out date) to get this free night, I presume member's best rate would qualify?
A few things to clarify here:
1b it's valid for the period of your Ambassador membership, which is 12 months
1c strictly speaking you pay the Ambassador Rate for the first night which is generally the same (but not always) as the Best Flexible Rate (not the Member's Best Rate or Best Available Rate or Book Now Pay Later Rate). Basically you are paying the highest possible rate for the room for the first night.
2c You must book on ihg.com (or the App) and generally all the rates there are eligible, including the lowest available rate
vincewy and simonsuo like this.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: IHG-Spire, Delta-Gold
I purchased Ambassador with the offer mid-last week and completed a stay at a Kimpton last Friday. I've yet to see the points for the stay posted, and definitely have not received my free night certificate yet. Will keep y'all updated.

Ambassador did absolutely nothing for me at this particular Kimpton by the way (Baltimore). I do realize that it's not technically supposed to get you anything - but this is confirmation that if you're not planning on staying at a lot of Intercons, it may not be worth it for you!
Old May 11, 2021, 9:14 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Certificate should only trigger when the qualifying stay (& points) post. Hang in there.
Old May 14, 2021, 3:26 pm

Anyone have any experience of redeeming the free 40k stay and then having to cancel it?

Did you get the voucher back? Points back? Nothing back?
Old May 15, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by travellingjake
Anyone have any experience of redeeming the free 40k stay and then having to cancel it?

I didn't need to cancel mine but the cancellation terms are identical to that of a point redemption stay.
travellingjake likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 3:58 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by travellingjake

voucher back
travellingjake and simonsuo like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
i am also double dipping this promo with stay twice, get 1 night free. So essentially, I stay at a Inter' for one night, other ihg hotel one night, and i get 3 nights (1 from the ambassador promo, 1 from ambassador weekend night, 1 from the stay2get1 promo).

Considering the $200, it comes out as paid 3 (1 inter, 1 other ihg, 1 certificate rate) and stayed 6.
travellingjake likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
voucher back
Voucher back with the same expiry I assume?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.