Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Auto Renewed But No Weekend Certificate?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Ambassador Auto Renewed But No Weekend Certificate?

I usually renewal my Ambassador membership in April. In 2019, I was charged $200 for the renewal in April. This year, I didn't see a charge on my credit card for the renewal and I don't remember getting a renewal e-mail. When I look at my account activity on ihg.com, it does say that my Ambassador membership was renewed in April of this year, but I didn't receive a corresponding weekend certificate.

Does this have something to do with the status extensions IHG has been applying to accounts? I read through some of the other threads, but didn't find a scenario similar to this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What is the new expiry date for your AMB status?

That will tell you if you got the 2*3 months extensions or not.

With the extension you don't get a new cert but if you had one that hadn't been used already the expiry date was also updated.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

It's showing Jan. 1, 2021. I haven't seen any posts that mentioned Ambassador status being extended to the end of the year. Is this something that IHG has been doing?
Old Sep 4, 2020, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

FYI, I am also a Spire if that has anything to do with it
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Do we recieve physical paper certificates?
Now about to travel to the IC O2 London for the weekend and I can't find my membership pack anywhere.

I can see the voucher in my account and I have booked the weekend voucher rate.

But will I need the paper certificate at check in.

Help!
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:51 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
Do we recieve physical paper certificates?
Now about to travel to the IC O2 London for the weekend and I can't find my membership pack anywhere.

I can see the voucher in my account and I have booked the weekend voucher rate.

But will I need the paper certificate at check in.

Help!
I seem to remember that you don't need the paper certificate any more. I think it's taken automatically from your account if it is showing there. At least I'm sure that's what happened to me last time I used mine.

I'd be very interested to hear how things are at the o2 IC - I was thinking about staying there myself in the next couple of weeks. Updated reports on service levels and breakfast etc would be very helpful

Have a great stay.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
It's showing Jan. 1, 2021. I haven't seen any posts that mentioned Ambassador status being extended to the end of the year. Is this something that IHG has been doing?
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
FYI, I am also a Spire if that has anything to do with it
Normal IHG status - gold / plat / spire have been extended until the end of 2021. This should be reflected in your account. These status levels are based on the calendar year.

Ambassador was extended for 3 months and then another 3 months. Amb is not based on the calendar year but from twhen you bought it.

There are several posts on here about both. And IHG sent emails.
Wolfram Heerlen likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Originally Posted by AMDB7
I seem to remember that you don't need the paper certificate any more. I think it's taken automatically from your account if it is showing there. At least I'm sure that's what happened to me last time I used mine.

I'd be very interested to hear how things are at the o2 IC - I was thinking about staying there myself in the next couple of weeks. Updated reports on service levels and breakfast etc would be very helpful

Have a great stay.
Just to confirm I didn't require the paper certificate.
And looking back through my ambassador packs ( I found all of them dating back to 2008!) I don't believe I received a paper certificate in 2019 as it went online. And the expiry date is now shown in your IHG online account.

We had such an excellent stay at the IC London 02.
Even when the news of the 2nd lockdown broke last night, the staff remained excellent throughout, despite knowing the huge impact it would have on their roles.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Ambassador memberships don't auto renew, there isn't even a mechanism to set this up.

This is most likely the Covid extension IHG did for all members. Certificates are electronic since it has been introduced earlier this year but obviously there won't be a new BOGO for these free extensions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.