Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Ambassador offer: Enrol, stay once, and receive a Reward Night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Ambassador offer: Enrol, stay once, and receive a Reward Night

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 7:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Tommys888
I wonder, if I enroll now, do I get the IC free weekend for this membership year already, or I get it only next year?
Do I have to stay by the end of the membership year, or do I have to book by?
If you are referring to the AMB FWNC (2nd night free under specific conditions), you'll receive a new one right away and it will be good for 1 year validity to be consumed by end of that period which aligns with your AMB membership period.
Tommys888 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tommys888
I wonder, if I enroll now, do I get the IC free weekend for this membership year already, or I get it only next year?
Do I have to stay by the end of the membership year, or do I have to book by?
Are you referring to the BOGO voucher? It's available right after you sign up and valid for the duration of your Ambassador tier.

However keep in mind that the Ambassador BOGO rates are higher than the Best Available Rates and the free night applies to the SECOND night in the reservation which often causes confusion.

Some hotels allow to book a SUN-MON night as well while others only allow FRI-SAT / SAT-SUN. Let's say FRA-SAT is $300 and SAT-SUN $100 you'd have to pay $300,
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:56 am

BOGO is qualifying rate for free 40K cert?

I just renewed for $200 and in addition to the option to earn a free night certificate worth 40,000 if consuming a stay at Kimpton, Regent or IC by 1/31, I also received an instant 15,000 as mentioned in the offer. This seemingly new sweetener of 15K pushed me to renew.

So now I have a BOGO. If I use that BOGO before 1/31 I assume that is a qualifying rate that will earn the free certificate? Thanks.
disneyphans likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Slickw
I just renewed for $200 and in addition to the option to earn a free night certificate worth 40,000 if consuming a stay at Kimpton, Regent or IC by 1/31, I also received an instant 15,000 as mentioned in the offer. This seemingly new sweetener of 15K pushed me to renew.

So now I have a BOGO. If I use that BOGO before 1/31 I assume that is a qualifying rate that will earn the free certificate? Thanks.
Can you share the 15k offer?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Can you share the 15k offer?
This has been around for a long time - renew in cash ($200) and get 15K points. The points normally credit as soon as you renew.

Here's a Loyalty Lobby article from August 2019 talking about it:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/08/09/...ints-or-us200/

NB: the 10% rebate on awards stays is no longer offered.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
This has been around for a long time - renew in cash ($200) and get 15K points. The points normally credit as soon as you renew.

Here's a Loyalty Lobby article from August 2019 talking about it:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/08/09/...ints-or-us200/

NB: the 10% rebate on awards stays is no longer offered.
Ah gotcha thanks! Would be nice if this stack with the 40k cert promo
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:13 am

I signed up for the promotion in November, with a booking in early December. I had to move my booking from December to late January due to the current restrictions on hotel stays in Southern California. Now, it has become painfully obvious that these restrictions will not be getting lifted anytime soon (20k positives in LA county alone yesterday), and I will miss out on this promo altogether. Travel out of CA is also not an option, since that would force me to quarantine for 10 days upon return.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone know if a two night stay booked using the Ambassador free weekend night cert counts as a qualifying stay (as required by this promotion)? I would think it should, since one night is at a regular paid rate.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It should post as 1 qualifying night and hence count as a qualifying stay as well. Sometimes, depending property and how well they know the correct posting process, it could post as 2 qualifying nights (thank you ).

However, there are also cases where properties split the first night rate and charge 50:50 rate wise across both nights which can lead to issues. It often means that IHG's "discounted" rate check kicks in and declares the rate / night / stay as non-qualifying and award no points as well.

That is a headache and while the points part can be handled via a manual adjustment, it doesn't change the original stay posting to qualifying and those manual entries / corrections (at least in the past) don't trigger the promos. You'll need to get that fixed manually too. A pain in the behind so to say.

Hope all will go smooth in your case. YMMV.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:29 am

Nope! Learned this the hard way
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:30 am

Does anyone know if a two night stay booked using the Ambassador free weekend night cert counts as a qualifying stay (as required by this promotion)? I would think it should, since one night is at a regular paid rate.

Old Jan 18, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Jetrigger

Oof! I’m sorry to hear this! Hopefully it was still a nice weekend stay though. Do you have another stay in the next two weeks to get your free night?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Jetrigger

Have you tried to call and present your argument? I would agree with you, too.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Have you tried to call and present your argument? I would agree with you, too.
I got credit for this on an AMB weekend night stay.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: BA, AA, JL, IB, LH, SK, A3, AF, UA, WN
Does anyone know how to see the status of the Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night evoucher?
I thought I used it but still see the banner on my IHG account.
If I'm not mistaken in the last couple of years with electronic voucher this was disappearing as soon as it's been used.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.