Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Points to another IHG Member

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Transferring Points to another IHG Member

I must be stupid because every time I click on the option to transfer points to another member it wants me to pay what is effectively the same amount as if I was buying points for myself?

Am I doing something wrong, is there a way to send points to a friend or family member for free?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Bloobell
I must be stupid because every time I click on the option to transfer points to another member it wants me to pay what is effectively the same amount as if I was buying points for myself?

Am I doing something wrong, is there a way to send points to a friend or family member for free?
You have to pay to transfer points:

Can I transfer points to my family and friends?
IHG® Rewards Club points can be transferred to another IHG® Rewards Club member in 1,000 point increments for $5 USD per 1,000 points. There is no limit to the number of points a member can transfer or receive. Click to Transfer points now. For cost, increments amounts, and additional terms and conditions, go to the Account Status page. For additional assistance, you may call the IHG® Rewards Club Service Centre.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
FlyerTalkers long ago learned that point-gifting/transferring is a losing proposition.

Crafty FlyerTalkers learned that you can however gift an award/points STAY to nearly anyone anywhere, simply by making the reservation out of your own account, and mentioning the other party(s) in the 'guest' notes. Benefactor enjoys your perks, too.
Psssttt -- works with many airlines as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.