Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Regent joins IHG Rewards Club

This came in a minute ago:

"Dear Flying Lawyer,
it is our pleasure to introduce you to Regent® Hotels & Resorts—your newest opportunity to earn and redeem with IHG® Rewards Club beginning 1 February. At Regent, you’ll be welcomed by enchanting views that stretch as far as your imagination. Intimate spaces designed for total relaxation. And sensational experiences you’ll remember for a lifetime. Stay in the Regent Beijing, an imperial sanctuary set against the backdrop of the Forbidden City, or escape to an urban oasis in the illustrious Regent Singapore. With locations suited for every desire, Regent is your gateway to stays both exhilarating and serene. Indulge yourself while you earn and redeem at this unparalleled collection of hotels and resorts. We look forward to bringing you into a new era of luxury."
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:26 am
Community Director Emerita

So this means when the Intercontinental Hong Kong goes thru its remodel and is rebranded as Regent, it will remain in the family?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I hope that won't be yet another member card to add to the current 3.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I hope that won't be yet another member card to add to the current 3.
I really doubt it. Long-term, I also expect inner circle to merge with Ambassador.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
So this means when the Intercontinental Hong Kong goes thru its remodel and is rebranded as Regent, it will remain in the family?
Yes it will be. The rebranding was announced when IHG purchased a stake in Regent.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Lets hope Regent hotels will be incorporated into the RA / Ambassador program, I will miss Hong Kong if it does not come back in to the fold.

Last edited by shoven; Jan 21, 2019 at 12:58 pm
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I wonder what these hotels are going to cost for award nights.
est-gratuite and db1234db1234 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:47 pm

Regent Hotels and Resorts joins IHG Rewards Club

Has anyone received this new E-mail from IHG? Regent seems to have six properties. Berlin, Singapore, Beijing, Montenegro, Chongqing, Taipei. Have to look into it in more detail. Will be effective February 1, 2019. Shows up as an IHG Global Brand with quite a fancy website :

https://www.ihg.com/regent/hotels/gb...-_-PRIMARY_CTA
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:02 pm

Got it yesterday too I think. Website looks nice. I can’t book a reward stay just yet. How many points do you think these will go for? Considering it’s supposed to be up there with IC’s, I guess 40-50-60k won’t be unheard of. Hope it’s less though.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
More like 50-70k potentially. I would say it is great already if there is no new category over 70k introduced. Touch wood.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by demue
More like 50-70k potentially. I would say it is great already if there is no new category over 70k introduced. Touch wood.
I am wishing for 40k so that i can use the free night certificate, But that's most likely wishful thinking.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: IHG RA, IHG IC, HH DM, MPC GM
Regent did not have a loyalty program prior to the acquisition by IHG so I dont think so. All they had was have the stays count for some miles redemtion I believe.

I was looking forward to going to the new Kimpton in Taipei.I might got to the Regent instead now.

update: i just asked about the benefits for Regent as an RA. I get to choose between 15usd food coupon, welcome fruit, or 600 welcome points (choose one our of three options). not a very attractive package.

Last edited by Mr. Chan; Jan 22, 2019 at 5:25 am
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Interesting that Regent Singapore is in the list, considering that it wasn't previously in the Regent Hotel group (it used to be managed by Four Seasons and just changed this year to be managed by Capella hotel group)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Mr. Chan
Regent did not have a loyalty program prior to the acquisition by IHG so I dont think so. All they had was have the stays count for some miles redemtion I believe.

I was looking forward to going to the new Kimpton in Taipei.I might got to the Regent instead now.

update: i just asked about the benefits for Regent as an RA. I get to choose between 15usd food coupon, welcome fruit, or 600 welcome points (choose one our of three options). not a very attractive package.
Maybe we will see Regent incorporated along side RA in the same fashion next year as Inner circle was this year.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Can you earn IHG points for staying at Regent hotels right now ?
If yes, at what ratio ?

I can't find anything at the IHG website about earning IHG points at Regent hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.