Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing IHG Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kris Flyer, Airpoints, TrueBlue, QF, SPGGold, Hilton Diamond,IHG Spire
Missing IHG Points

Was headed to Sydney last weekend so booked Intercontinental Sydney on a non-refundable rate via my phone app. While completing the booking process, I was offered to purchase extra 1000 points for AUD5, 2000 points for AUD10 and 4000 points for AUD15. I chose to buy the extra 4000 points. This meant that my stay would earn me 9167 points as per the IGH app. Upon getting home and checking my app, it says that I did not earn any points for the stay. Normally when this happens I reach out to @IHG Service on Twitter and send them my booking details, screenshots of my booking and they sort it out. This time they have been absolutely no help saying that there was a problem with the app. I'm saying that they offered me extra points which I paid for so they must give me the points.

Two questions:
1) Has anyone encountered this recently?
2) Any ideas as to what I should do (I have asked for an email address of someone who I can correspond with but they are now not answering my messages on Twitter).

Any advice appreciated.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: IHG Rewards, Nectar
Whilst not directly answering your question, points posting to the IHG Rewards account does seem a bit and miss these days. Whilst when they do actually post is now a much faster process, it does seem that one in every six says requires manual intervention to get any points posted.

Instead of using the Twitter page I would suggest calling the helpline. If it has been over a week since you checked out they are usually very helpful and depending on who you get, tend to resolve the issue there and then whilst on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.