Wiki Posts
Search

the best indigo Hotel you ever stayed at

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
the best indigo Hotel you ever stayed at

IHG claimed that Indigo brand hotels would be their boutique style and in some cases it is true but others they are just sort of odd, quirky or tacky

the best one I have stayed at out of 7 or 8 properties is the one in St Petersburg, Russia

good location adjacent to main tourist area, quality furnishing, classy decor, professional service, high ceilings, free modest little mini-bar, free bicycles to use, rooftop terrace, decent restaurant and bar, spa + indoor pool
my only beef is there are no bath tubs in any room, even in the suites, this would be a "deal killer" if I was here during the winter

others I have stayed at but was less impressed > Barcelona, San Jose, CR, Dallas, Miami Lakes, Madrid.....

Last edited by #1son; Aug 26, 2018 at 1:47 am
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Service at the Indigo Kensington was excellent and the breakfast, which was cooked to order, was superb.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Only stayed at 3 (Berlin Kurfürstendamm, Barcelona, Bali Seminyak). The Bali property is the most impressive based on hardware, size, layout etc. Berlin was good, Barcelona aside from good location a bit underwhelming for such an artsy city.

Heard friends really liked the Rome one and Lower East side in NYC
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: IHG
I’ve stayed in a few, my favourite being Rome. A beautiful converted building with great rooftop restaurant and bar in a quiet part of town. Berlin Kurf. was a tad disappointing, it resembled a basic office conversion with a few coloured lights. Madrid is so so and likewise Helsinki which was well furnished and looked very Nordic but seating was uncomfortable and restaurant average.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I've not stayed at many Indigos, but my favourite one is the NYC LES one. My least favourite is the Indigo in Brooklyn, and I've had so-so stays in Berlin Kudamm and Helsinki properties.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Boston: meh, too far from city center (but close to a T station)
Toronto: deserved to lose branding (it did)
Rome: outstanding, like staying in an independent neighborhood hotel
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:49 am
Original Poster

good to hear about the Indigo in Rome, will definitely check it out in the coming months
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
Big fan of the Indigo Kaohsiung. Friendly staff, funky decor and great elite recognition.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:12 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by strickers
Service at the Indigo Kensington was excellent and the breakfast, which was cooked to order, was superb.
Our favorites are the Hotel Indigo Kensington and downtown Los Angeles locations.

We have added the Bali location to our 1-month Bali stay next February; we will stay there 4 nights just to try it out as we always stay at the IC.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:16 pm

I've stayed in all the UK ones except Cardiff and Leicester Square. The best service I have had was in Liverpool, however property wise the two I particularly like are Durham and the new property in Dundee. Both buildings are really nice and suit the brand.

The only Indigo I have stayed at outside of the UK was Madrid and we really liked it.

I really like the brand, however the big issue I have with Indigo is I don't really think large properties with 130+ rooms are "Boutique" and as such the larger properties don't have the same character as the smaller ones.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I liked the Indigo in Barcelona. Friendly staff, nice room, and good location. Public areas are a bit small, but no complaints.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Hotel Indigo Paris, We arrived very late and spent the night with two rooms before we transferred to Le Grand. They were so friendly and didn't not understand the offering so ended up with both drink coupon and extra points for our one night stay. Nice location and great service.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Berlin Kurfürstendamm. Tries hard to be funky/different - but with tiny rooms and awkward furniture. It put me off trying any of the others.
turner32 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: Aadvantage
Hotel Indigo Kensington, London has been one of my favorites for work trips. Let down recently with lack of A/C, but refunded everything without any hassel.

I actually find this brand very inconsistent (globally). Notably bad ones in the US:
- Chicago Gold Coast looks like a beat-up Caribbean all inclusive place (tacky beach theme)
- Brooklyn Downtown offers noting other than the room, all of which are tiny (but this one is more about the location)

Exception:
- Atlanta Downtown had really big and nice rooms and was decorated well but the bar was more dive-bar (again, I suppose it's more about the location)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

the service and upgrade at Indigo Dallas were fabulous as was the Spire recognition but it is the first branded hotel I have stayed at in years with no room safes? I want to like this hotel but this is a major negative for me, particularly in this relatively sketchy area

I really like the location otherwise to easily visit all the music venues in Deep Ellum and it is easy to park in the area of the hotel at night, + the bar with serves you anything requested for the 2 drink vouchers you get per night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.