Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack cashback for IHG Ambassador rate

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:26 am
Original Poster

TopCashBack cashback for IHG Ambassador rate

Hello,

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Does anyone whether the IHG ambassador rate is eligible for topcashback rebates?

Per TopCashBack's T&C below, it makes mentioned of specialty. Not sure if the amb rate is part of this. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

@What could stop me from getting cash back?
Using a promotional/coupon code not posted and approved by TopCashback.
Non-commissionable rates listed below:

Rooms offered at specialty or pre-negotiated rates (including discounted group rates);
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Yes, Ambassador rate eligibles for TCB cashback.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:00 am

They have yet to pay on my last one.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trouble747
They have yet to pay on my last one.
Was the cashback tracked to begin with? If it was tracked, I assume they'd eventually pay after 4 - 6 weeks from the stay.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Dan89
Was the cashback tracked to begin with? If it was tracked, I assume they'd eventually pay after 4 - 6 weeks from the stay.
It did not show up on TCB (though the click was recorded). I opened a claim but IHG simply hasn't responded to them for a number of months.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:51 am

Yes. I use a Chinese cashback website http://fanli.flyertrip.com. But this website can't take cash, they only provide redmption for mobilephone fee and shopping card.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Last year I booked a hotel stay at the Hampton Inn through ebates and it took over 6 months to credit. I was told that the delay was that ebates didn't get the money from Hilton and that was the hold up. I am not sure if that is the case here.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Jumping In here with something sort of similar.

Do you get your normal points and benefits if you go through Topcashback?

The UK site is doing 8% cashback on IHG stays and I'm staying in their hotels a few times a month at present.
Usually, I book through the app to complete Accelerate promos, but as my only task this quarter is "earn up to 40k points", I don't really need to.
My next stay could possibly get £15-£20 / $20-$25 back at some point in the distant future but not sure if I would want to possibly lose 1000s of points / upgrades etc. if status becomes null and void by going through TCB. Or is this just third party booking agencies such as Trivago, Hotels.com, TripAdvisor etc?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
I’ve just about given up with TCB for IHG. Every booking tracks then becomes payable at £0, appeal gets nowhere. Missing over £120. Have a read of the comments in the reviews and not the highest rated ones that it defaults to.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Jumping In here with something sort of similar.

Do you get your normal points and benefits if you go through Topcashback?

The UK site is doing 8% cashback on IHG stays and I'm staying in their hotels a few times a month at present.
Usually, I book through the app to complete Accelerate promos, but as my only task this quarter is "earn up to 40k points", I don't really need to.
My next stay could possibly get £15-£20 / $20-$25 back at some point in the distant future but not sure if I would want to possibly lose 1000s of points / upgrades etc. if status becomes null and void by going through TCB. Or is this just third party booking agencies such as Trivago, Hotels.com, TripAdvisor etc?

You get full points and benefits, since you’re booking on IHG.com (unlike when using trivago or booking.com)
:D! and JohnM5 like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I use Quidco in the UK and have never had a problem. I’ve earnt a nice sum of money over the past 2-3 years.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:39 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I click through TCB for IHG and it sometimes pays out, sometimes doesn't. I haven't been able to figure out any pattern to this, so I just ignore cashback for the purposes of deciding whether to stay there. When it does pay out this happens quickly and is a nice bonus.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Lewis42
I use Quidco in the UK and have never had a problem. I’ve earnt a nice sum of money over the past 2-3 years.
Another vote for Quidco from me - over a grand back so far & no problems.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I want to say it worked for me through eBates too. I loaded the ambassador page, then clicked the ebates icon in chrome, which added the 10% bonus.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I want to say it worked for me through eBates too. I loaded the ambassador page, then clicked the ebates icon in chrome, which added the 10% bonus.
Not in Europe unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.