Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
And they charge extra for a second person in the room! Add the tax issues you noted, I believe the rates shown for this hotel are almost fake news.

You're right.
WOW...this is ridiculus.

Example - 1 night for 2 people on best flexible rate
Room advertised at 150 euro on IHG website

Charges:
Room charge - 150
Taxes 15 euro
City tax for 2 people 14 euro
Extra person charge 15 euro

REAL true total for 1 night - 194 euro

They can keep it....no way I am ever booking a room at a hotel that has these kind of hidden fees.
Shame on the hotel Indigo Rome and thumbs down on IHG !
No business from me.
What a disgrace.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
You're right.
WOW...this is ridiculus.

Example - 1 night for 2 people on best flexible rate
Room advertised at 150 euro on IHG website

Charges:
Room charge - 150
Taxes 15 euro
City tax for 2 people 14 euro
Extra person charge 15 euro

REAL true total for 1 night - 194 euro

They can keep it....no way I am ever booking a room at a hotel that has these kind of hidden fees.
Shame on the hotel Indigo Rome and thumbs down on IHG !
No business from me.
What a disgrace.
nobody from the US would be surprised...
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent stays at this property? Comments? How are Platinums treated? Anyone know the easiest way to come to the hotel from the central train station via MASS transit (metro or bus). Or does the bus from FCO airport stop nearby? (if so, what is stop name?) I don't like taking taxis in Rome by myself. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any recent stays at this property? Comments? How are Platinums treated? Anyone know the easiest way to come to the hotel from the central train station via MASS transit (metro or bus). Or does the bus from FCO airport stop nearby? (if so, what is stop name?) I don't like taking taxis in Rome by myself. Thanks in advance.
Plats - I got a one cat upgrade, but the room was good. Big windows with neighbourhood views over the rooftops.

Hotel is nice, staff friendly and helpful. Location great for exploring.

Public transport - ugh. From Termini the bus numbers are 40 or 64.

Both take you along Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, which runs parallel to Via Giulia, where the hotel is.

I got off at the last stop before the river - Ponte Vittorio Emanuele. It’s not the closest to the hotel but is just after a fairly large “square”/bus stand so I felt I’d recognise it when I got there, and know to get off.

I waited a while for a bus at Termini, and the bus was packed before it set off and yet somehow picked extra passengers up all along the way. I don’t know what the world record is for number of nuns on a bus, but we must have been pretty close to breaking it.

Travelling with luggage, it was a struggle. It was quite difficult to reach the bus exit with my suitcase when we got to my stop. Not to mention the subsequent walk down cobbled back streets to the hotel.

My experience may have been atypical, but it’s not one I’d repeat. On the return to the airport I had the hotel organise a taxi and agreed a price in advance. Rather more expensive but so much more relaxing.
Old May 25, 2021, 5:46 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
How come this property doesn't allow reward nights - no availability whatsoever for July AND August … and I thought they are hurting for visitors!!!
Old May 26, 2021, 7:55 am

Not recently but I stayed in summer of 2019, I got a one category upgrade to a superior room which includes free minibar! I booked via my free night certificate. I agree with previous poster, I had the hotel book a taxi as our flight was early in the morning.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Finally opened up …

Booked two rooms for 4 nights each on points in August. Total damage 246K points and I will get 24,600 back after the stay due to CC 10% redemption rebate. Going cash rate was around $280 per room per night all in. So we saved 50% over the cash rate. This rate is cancelable in case our plans change.

Will report afterwards!
pa3lsvt likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 12:20 pm

Follow up:

Although both rooms were upgraded to superior type at the top 5th floor, we canceled and moved into a 3-bedroom apartment (through AirBnB) at Piazza de Pietra with around the same cash rate for ONE room ($271 per night all in). No reflection upon the property, but wife and kids wanted to stay in the center for the final 4 nights, and no breakfast nor lounge benefits, plus, we mostly enjoyed cooking and eating at home! We, however, did visit the property and it was lovely located in a quite neighborhood with a rooftop venue.

Steps from the river
Old Aug 22, 2023, 12:05 pm

Any recent reviews of the hotel?
We booked a 4-night reservation on points. A couple weeks later, the reservation were upgraded to a Queen Premium room (appreciated). Then a week before check-in, the room were downgraded to a Queen Standard Accessible room (WTH?). I hate the layout of the bathrooms in these accessible rooms. Are the accessable rooms considered to be the same room type or is it an "upgrade"? Can I ask the hotel to give me back the Queen standard room we booked? We are Diamond if that matters.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 2:46 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I wouldn't consider it an upgrade to get a room of same category, but suitable for disabled/ wheelchair bound person.

The only thing I can say, these rooms are usually a bit bigger to give space to move around in a wheelchair or so.

If you are totally not keen on this room assignment (it may stick, it may change), I would reach out to the hotel proactively and let them know that you are not interested in receiving such a room and what other options they have.

These rooms are not so desirable for many people and if there is no actual demand by a disabled person the hotels often try to "stick" such rooms to unsuspecting guests.

I wouldn't pick a Diamond member for that, but who knows what they are thinking, maybe because it is a points booking or so, one never knows. Good luck.
asdfghjk likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Any recent reviews of the hotel?
I have only stayed at this hotel once.

While I greatly appreciated location and the rooftop terrace, I never understood how the hotel could continue to sell rooms at such a crazy price for basic, small rooms decorated in low-end furniture.

The spa has a swimming pool the size of a bath and having a room on a high floor was a challenge and considered a huge privilege.
asdfghjk likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by demue

If you are totally not keen on this room assignment (it may stick, it may change), I would reach out to the hotel proactively and let them know that you are not interested in receiving such a room and what other options they have.
You are right. I sent an email asking to have a room close to another family member's room. This morning, the room type got changed back to a Queen standard room.
​​​​​​
demue likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I have only stayed at this hotel once.

While I greatly appreciated location and the rooftop terrace, I never understood how the hotel could continue to sell rooms at such a crazy price for basic, small rooms decorated in low-end furniture.

The spa has a swimming pool the size of a bath and having a room on a high floor was a challenge and considered a huge privilege.
Even in points, the hotel is on the expensive end (200k/4nights). Hopefully the reviews on TA are accurate regarding the service/staff.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Always found this hotel way overpriced and transport connections are not so great.
No metro station within walking distance.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:12 am

We just checked out of the hotel yesterday.
The standard rooms are tiny. No room upgrade for Diamonds.
The hotel is in a perfect location though. It is walkable to all the attractions in Rome.
Besides the location, another plus about this hotel is the complementary in room mini bar for Diamonds. The front desk didn't tell us about this when we checked in. We inquired after we saw the "complementary" sign in one of our rooms (the other had a price list for all items).
nicolas75 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.