Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hcuk94
Elite Rollover Nights - FAQs & Discussion
It came to my attention that with quite a few questions bobbing around about rollover nights, it might be worth posting a few of them with answers here, for the benefit of others. So that's what I did.

What are Elite Rollover Nights?
In order to qualify for IHG Rewards Club Platinum status, you must stay 50 nights at IHG properties in one calendar year. Once you've stayed 50 nights in a calendar year, there is no further status level to work towards, so any nights you stay above and beyond 50 are 'rolled over' to the next year, thus giving you a head start on re-qualifying for Platinum status next year.
As an example, if you were to stay 60 nights in 2014, 10 nights would be rolled over to 2015, counting towards your platinum requalification for 2016.

I've qualified for Platinum through the Fast Track offer of 40 nights over 4 brands - will my extra nights now roll over?
Elite rollover nights only kick in once you pass the 'standard' requirement of 50 nights in a year. Whilst 45 nights, for example, would be more than you'd need for Fast Track Platinum, you'd have none rollover.

I've qualified for Platinum through elite qualifying points earned, or through a status match, rather than nights stayed. Will my nights roll over from now, or do I still have to reach 50?
Regardless of your status through points earned or status matched from a competitor, unfortunately you will still need to reach 50 nights before your subsequent nights will roll over. This probably won't work in your favour if you spend a small fortune in expensive IHG properties and thus earn lots of points!

Will this year's rollover nights count towards next year's rollover?
Elite nights will not roll over more than once, and thus will not count towards future years.
If you stayed 60 nights in 2014, thus rolling 10 over to 2015, you would need to reach a total of 60 nights (50 excluding previous rollover) in 2015 before your subsequent nights would begin to roll over.
Put simply, you need to physically stay 50 nights in IHG hotels each year to start counting toward the next - 45 nights plus 10 rolled over from the previous year would still leave you with zero rolled over to next year.

My elite year has reset; yet My Account shows 0 rollover nights when I believe I had some due!
This seems to be a common issue, though elite rollover has only been around since 2013, so knowledge is a little restricted at present.
At first it's probably best to wait a week or so and see if they eventually update, as they often do so eventually, it's just stereotypical of IHG's dodgy IT.
Some also report that, when your first stay of the year tracks, the rollover nights will appear with it.
If you don't seem to be getting anywhere though, use the platinum contact form on the IHG website to voice your concern. Let them know how many nights you believe should have been rolled over (see the next FAQ if you're not sure) and they should be able to sort it out if you are indeed eligible, even if it means a manual credit.

I've forgotten how many elite qualifying nights I made last year - is there a way to check?
Unfortunately IHG's website does not go back further than 6 months for your stay history, which is fairly useless in this case. However, the IHG mobile site does let you see all your stays; seemingly since the beginning of time. Head to this link and log in with your IHG RC credentials. Below your pending reservations, you should be able to see your previous reservations. Now it's just a manual job of counting the number of nights, including reward nights!
Have a question not answered above? Search this thread as they may already have been asked and answered - if not, then feel free to add to the thread.
Print Wikipost

Elite Rollover Nights - Update Time?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Elite Rollover Nights - FAQs & Discussion

I stayed 62 nights in 2014, so by my understanding I should have 12 nights rollover to 2015.

Yet when i log into my IHG RC account, it shows 0 rollover nights. Is this something that should update over the next few days, or is there an issue with my account? Should I contact support?

Apologies if this has been covered a million times already, though I couldn't immediately find anything about it.

Last edited by hcuk94; Jan 6, 2015 at 4:01 pm
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Mine are there correctly.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Mine aren't there yet. Will wait until the new week begins to check again. I stayed at least 80 nights with IHG although about 16 of those were reward nights. Thinking I should get 80-16=64-50=14 nights rolled over. I'll actually need them all as Ill be staying much less frequently this year with IHG. Not consciously switching programs, just happens there's fewer IHG hotels where I'm traveling this year. Maintaining Plat will be a stretch this year. First time in 11 years, although yes, some of those years were pretty easy to attain Plat.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Reward nights rollover, too.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:33 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Mine also say 0. Rollover at the moment and I was expecting 19.

Having said this I dint believe these count towards RA re qualification, correct?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Different Jan1st 2015 compared to Jan 1st 2014. Last year on Jan1st I saw 33 rollover nights, this year no rollover nights nights yet but I should have about 30nights rolledover yet again

I remember last year Jan2014 it took upto end of January for all to see rollover nights in account views.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, sounds like its a waiting game. I'll give them a couple more weeks before I get in touch.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:45 am

Mine have not posted, I'll have 54 roll over nights. I also had a stay on Monday night that usually posts by now but has not. My ITN dashboard updated yesterday and given me my 2 free nights but the points for completing my last task have not
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by hcuk94
I stayed 62 nights in 2014, so by my understanding I should have 12 nights rollover to 2015.

Yet when i log into my IHG RC account, it shows 0 rollover nights. Is this something that should update over the next few days, or is there an issue with my account? Should I contact support?

Apologies if this has been covered a million times already, though I couldn't immediately find anything about it.
0 for me as well should have 20+
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I may have mis-spoken in that the number appears to be correct (INCLUDING reward nights).

Pasted from my account page today: Elite Qualifying Nights: 14 of 50 nights for Platinum Elite

Those are entirely my rollover nights; is there something else (somewhere else on the page) that's supposed to happen as well?

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jan 3, 2015 at 10:19 am
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Mine were posted on Jan 1st.

Originally Posted by Sydfly
Mine also say 0. Rollover at the moment and I was expecting 19.

Having said this I dint believe these count towards RA re qualification, correct?
These nights only count towards 2015 Elite qualification. RA qualification is based on paid stays in the 365 days following your RA initiation or renewal.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Mine aren't there either. Based on past experience with the website I figure I'll check back later and they will magically appear, disappear, then appear again.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:01 pm

Reward nights rollover, too.
Thanks PS. Forgot about this change to now include reward stays as part of your total. Thinking I should have around 30 rollover nights. Even better given I was actually estimating this morning how many IHG nights I'll have this year. I think I'm only going to have about 10 with IHG so 30 rollover nights will help me a lot.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krward
I'll have 54 roll over nights.
Sounds like IHG should consider creating a new tier just for you
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
From what I understand the rollover nights don't update until there is some sort of activity that posts to your account.

So next time a stay posts to your account you should see everything update correctly for 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.