Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, PC Plat, WN A+
Might be a newb question since I've never done a "big win" promo like this before, but can one stay/night count for more than one requirement? I have a requirement to stay two weekends and another for 4 nights. So would two 2 night weekend stays fulfill both? And I also have one to try two brands, so if I stayed at 2 different brands for my 2 stays I would satisfy all 3?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by the hotel bar
From VFTW's post on 9/5:
"IHG confirmed for me that these free nights work just list their co-brand credit card’s annual free night: usable at any participating IHG property (as long as reward nights are available) and expire after 12 months."

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....le/#more-27581
Does not seem to gel with the terms and conditions received by loyalty lobby, which is much more specific : http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/09/10/c...-availability/
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by the hotel bar
From VFTW's post on 9/5:
"IHG confirmed for me that these free nights work just list their co-brand credit card’s annual free night: usable at any participating IHG property (as long as reward nights are available) and expire after 12 months."

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....le/#more-27581
Originally Posted by crimsona
Does not seem to gel with the terms and conditions received by loyalty lobby, which is much more specific : http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/09/10/c...-availability/
Disclaimers in Legalese bolded in red.

I think we can read this as similar to the Point Break's availability.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ashishduh
Might be a newb question since I've never done a "big win" promo like this before, but can one stay/night count for more than one requirement? I have a requirement to stay two weekends and another for 4 nights. So would two 2 night weekend stays fulfill both? And I also have one to try two brands, so if I stayed at 2 different brands for my 2 stays I would satisfy all 3?
You are spot on, the more you can lump together the better
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Do points plus cash qualify for a stay?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
No. Points&Cash is just a way to buy enough points for an award stay.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Anyone knows exactly start date of this promotion. When I registered it says starting on 4th September. But when I checked my offer today the start date is shifted to 10th September...Very confused since I had a stay on 5th September!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:02 pm

4 free nights or 156,000 points

It sounds as if I choose nights I'd get 78k points in addition to the 4 free nights

Max Earning Potential

"Nights"

Offer Points

Potential Nights

"Points"

Offer Points

Bonus Points

Total Points
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My list of tasks changed too. It shrank from 6 out of 7 to 4 out of 5. Unfortunately, the ones that invoke the highest relative cost for me (compared to my costs if stayed without consideration for this promo) are the ones that remain, so unless it changes yet again, I think I'm just gonna sit this one out. (I'm already sitting on 400k+ IHG points which I don't use all that often.)

But the new landing page I found misleading: It claimed I could get 2 free nights with "just 3 steps": register, subscribe, look up your rewards. But the look up your rewards link led me to my actual (4 out of ) 5 tasks, which of course are uncompleted, so there are no rewards!

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 12, 2014 at 5:45 pm Reason: spelling
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
Anyone knows exactly start date of this promotion. When I registered it says starting on 4th September. But when I checked my offer today the start date is shifted to 10th September...Very confused since I had a stay on 5th September!
Where are you looking? I checked the terms on my 19 stay offer #1 and still says September 4th. I hope I am right:

Which must be completed between 4 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:27 pm

Let's say you guys have no immediate hotel plans for the next 12 months, but do have some potential plans for Thailand, Dubai, Japan over for 2015. Would you take 50K points of the 2 free nights expiring in 12 months?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
No it does not, but I don't put a ton of weight in IHG T&Cs. Half the posts on this thread are in some way related to what the heck the T&Cs mean

I'm not huge fan of VFTW, but to the best of my knowledge, I don't know him to be a liar. So if he says that he got confirmation from an IHG source that the award nights will be treated the same as the CC annual free night, I'm inclined to believe that over the not-worth-the-paper-it's-printed-on-IHG-T&Cs

But since this is IHG we're talking about..... I think I'll wait for some reports from the field to come in just to be on the safe side
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Agree the terms are terrible. A construction contractor could write better t&c than the IHG law group.

And this is another promo where we get to "eat" the hotel nights....LOL
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
And this is another promo where we get to "eat" the hotel nights....LOL
I think it's a trope of Indian English to use "consume" where people from other countries would normally use a word such as "complete". As in, "The nights are considered completed when...."
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
SEEKING ADVICE --

It appears that with the prior Big Win promotion(s) a number of people were not getting points when going thru a cash back shopping portal, supposedly getting dinged because it was considered a 3rd party site.

Later posts seem to have indicated that it was not the shopping portal nor the rate booked via that portal, but a general screw up by IHG or its auditor employees, instead.

Still, a number of individuals posted that their Big Win entries were disallowed using either Mr. Rebates or E-Bates. Others, on the other hand, reported no problem whatsoever, either because they did not use a legitimate discounted rate, i.e. AAA, etc., or they were lucky.

Did we arrive at a final consensus of use of cash back shopping portals for the Big Win promotions and/or various rates booked thru them, or not?

Since the Big Win promotion, I am sure that some must have used Cash back portals -- have those subsequent reservations earned IHG points and stay credit?

Just trying to make a decision on whether I should use these portals or not. Obviously, the rate booked via the IHG App cannot go thru a cash back portal.

Many thanks,

NJ
NJUPINTHEAIR, I wanted to add something regarding your inquiry. I read my offer closely and noticed the use of the word "direct" in the offer that read: Book 3 stays direct on our ihg.com web/mobile sites or IHG App. So, I called IHG customer service and posed the question regarding the word "direct". The agent I spoke to said that stays booked "via" cash back portals (TopCashBack, Mr. Rebates, Ebates) were NOT considered direct. Now the information an agent provides is only as good as the knowledge they have; however, the agent I spoke with was very confident that I needed to go "direct" to ihg.com when making the reservation and not via a cash back portal. I recommend others pose the same question to the customer service folks at IHG and see if we get a consensus of opinion.

GoingGal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.