Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HI Porto Alegre - really as bad as the reviews on Tripadvisor?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
HI Porto Alegre - really as bad as the reviews on Tripadvisor?

Holiday Inn Porto Alegre, some shocking reviews

Not prepared for holidays and strong smell in the room

extremely noise all night long,and even more since early morning.

The room was dirty, with hair strands in the main room and bathroom. To top it there were bugs in the bathroom

low quality, very bad internet, breakfast no good, front desk personal average (very difficult to communicate in english), the hotel in general needs a good cleaning.

But there are a few good reviews too - is it really that bad?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: LH SEN;Accor Plat.;IHG-RC Gold and some others
Originally Posted by harryhv
Holiday Inn Porto Alegre, some shocking reviews

Not prepared for holidays and strong smell in the room

extremely noise all night long,and even more since early morning.

The room was dirty, with hair strands in the main room and bathroom. To top it there were bugs in the bathroom

low quality, very bad internet, breakfast no good, front desk personal average (very difficult to communicate in english), the hotel in general needs a good cleaning.

But there are a few good reviews too - is it really that bad?
Right now i am in the HI POA

As a lowly Gold-Member i got an upgrade from King Bed Room to King Bed Room with Jacuzzi in the 10th Floor (highest) ^ and i can tell that this room is nice, clean and does not smell bad. As a # xx05-room it is opposite to the Road and so it is less noisy.

To your questions: What means "not prepared for holidays"?

About the noises: YES. Because the Street (Carlos Gomes) is one of the main roads in POA so you have heavy traffic every day. At weekend it is much better

Internet is slow and skype does not work

Breakfast is as usual in South-America . Anyway: they charge you only 10,- BRL (5,- AUD !!) for it so dont expect too much. You will have the typical Continental Breakfast.

Communication in english is everywhere in South-America a problem ...

If you want to go out for dinner i can recommend you the "Riversides Shikki" , Avenida Nilos Pecanha 1766. It is not far away (by Taxi ~15,- BRL) and they offer for 50,- BRL "all-you-can-eat" BBQ (Rodizio) and Sushi. ^
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Many thanks STR-MVD

I thought it would be ok really.
We have booked this for our party of Australia supporters for the world cup game against Holland in June!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:05 am
Original Poster

And we had a wonderful stay at theroperty, along withthe Australia soccer team.

As usual, the Trip Advisor reviews are rubbish.

The hotel isn't noisy, the facilities are fine, the food is good and the service is excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.