Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton SurfComber Miami Beach - Master Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
If it was me, I would politely contact the hotel and cite the rule. An alternative is to write the State Attorney General in that state and complain, especially if it is assessed for garbage stuff that either a) you never used, or b) that the hotel has no business charging you for-the ability to make free local calls for example. Those resort fees really annoy me-it's a reason I avoid Kimptons as I think all Kimptons charge them. It is bad enough when places like Las Vegas started charging them. Now that has carried over to NYC-NYC is many things, but a resort designation is one thing it is not. I guess it depends if you get really annoyed by those fees or not, if you had a great time at the hotel, and if you actually made use of those things.

I just checked my reservation and no resort fee is assessed on the reservation. I booked a fake paid stay, and it showed up. The question now becomes if the hotel will let me have the benefits of the resort fee ( beach towels, umbrella, bag, free fitness classes). I have no intention of paying for this, and I will be packing my own beach towel, and I bought a portable pop up beach shelter as I am going on a cruise and was bringing that anyway.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Runner123
If it was me, I would politely contact the hotel and cite the rule. An alternative is to write the State Attorney General in that state and complain, especially if it is assessed for garbage stuff that either a) you never used, or b) that the hotel has no business charging you for-the ability to make free local calls for example. Those resort fees really annoy me-it's a reason I avoid Kimptons as I think all Kimptons charge them. It is bad enough when places like Las Vegas started charging them. Now that has carried over to NYC-NYC is many things, but a resort designation is one thing it is not. I guess it depends if you get really annoyed by those fees or not, if you had a great time at the hotel, and if you actually made use of those things.

I just checked my reservation and no resort fee is assessed on the reservation. I booked a fake paid stay, and it showed up. The question now becomes if the hotel will let me have the benefits of the resort fee ( beach towels, umbrella, bag, free fitness classes). I have no intention of paying for this, and I will be packing my own beach towel, and I bought a portable pop up beach shelter as I am going on a cruise and was bringing that anyway.
While I completely agree with your opinion of Resort Fees, just as a data point I stayed on an Ambassador Cert (from last year's sign-up promo) at the Kimpton Palomar Phoenix last week and was charged $0 for anything. So, some Kimptons seem to charge, some don't.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Personalities Jim & Val show their experience on the Kimpton BeachComber
bsdstone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.