Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£20.12 offer again (UK hotels)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Has anyone managed to book these extras? I called the hotel directly, and they knew nothing about it. There is no booking link in the email either.

Whom should I contact?
That's very strange, I called them few weeks back, got answers straightaway.

I didn't pay for any extra on the phone, because all these benefits are available upon check in. So I decided to wait and see what's been offered on the day.

It all turned out great, upgraded to club on check in without asking. She did say on the phone that they will try everything to make a RA/Plat's stay as nice experience as possible.

Be aware, the lounge is packed in recent evenings!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by Raffles
Your card will be charged at some point, don't worry about that! It is done by the hotel which is why it is not done immediately when you book.
Well, it's lees than 3 weeks to go to the stay and my card still has not been charged....
Old Jan 6, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
My card was not charged at all for my stay. Was all paid on checkout.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by Froggitt
My card was not charged at all for my stay. Was all paid on checkout.
Thanks for the info.

It's not me that's staying so I need to forewarn the occupants they may have to pay when they check out.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:30 am

Thanks

Originally Posted by Raffles
Nope, £20.12 is the rate, nothing more.
Thanks Raffles....I got there in the end!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by lsed
Booked for a friend recently on idex, upgraded to corner city view suite (not really a suite but still slightly bigger, and club access and free wifi.

For my 20.12 rate at CP Kensington, 2 nights posted as qualifying. Earned a .... load of points (close to twenty). Even though I only used 1 night, and getting there on the second night was a real pain (tube strikes), it was rather worth it. The hotel is not too bad and treated me well
Those corner rooms are their Studio rooms, not suites (which have a separate living area).

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Has anyone managed to book these extras? I called the hotel directly, and they knew nothing about it. There is no booking link in the email either.

Whom should I contact?
I contacted the hotel - they said you could get the discount on breakfast by just paying at reception on arrival. I can't blame them for doing this, and I doubt you'll get much better at that price in the area anyway (unless you settle for the greasy spoon cafe opposite Blackfriars station!)

Also FWIW, my stay at the CP Leeds over Christmas did give me points - just at the usual rate, but it also triggered a 5k bonus Can't tell if it gave me qualifying nights however as it didn't post until the New Year.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:04 pm

My stay in CP City is showing as qualifying nights, in fact, so far 4 out of 4 hotels on £20.12 rate recorded my stays as qualifying nights (with very small number of points), although my Mrs' account only recorded 3 out of 4 as qualifying stay, the other as non-qualifying, rather strange. Same hotel, different record.

Really enjoyed each stay during the festival season, CP City is the best among all.

I thought they will email me post-stay survey like they always do in 2012 (I get quite a few extra surveys as well, no bonus point associated survey). So far, no invitation to survey, not even post-stay survey this year. PCR email system seems very quiet in 2013.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
At the CP City for the weekend on the £20.12 standard room rate. Was upgraded to the deluxe and took the £10 breakfast offer and it is excellent value. The deluxe room includes free WiFi and as a Plat is included anyway so offered the free movie instead. Not sure if it's one movie per night or per stay, will check later.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: IHG
Currently in Crowne Plaza The City on £20.12 deal.

Paid £50 per night extra for Club benefit but the Club is so poor I've cancelled it for my third night. The food really is awful and the Lounge is cramped and over sold. Instead I will buy a £10 breakfast and take a £20 three course meal in the Chinese restaurant.

Lovely hotel, smashing rooms and staff are incredibly nice.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by midnight
Currently in Crowne Plaza The City on £20.12 deal.

Paid £50 per night extra for Club benefit but the Club is so poor I've cancelled it for my third night. The food really is awful and the Lounge is cramped and over sold. Instead I will buy a £10 breakfast and take a £20 three course meal in the Chinese restaurant.

Lovely hotel, smashing rooms and staff are incredibly nice.
I wouldn't pay £50 for the Club either, although it was alright when I stayed there.

Have they not upgraded you to Club floor with Club access as a RA? And the Lounge is cramped already? Sounds like they might be full on Club Floors this weekend.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
I wouldn't pay £50 for the Club either, although it was alright when I stayed there.

Have they not upgraded you to Club floor with Club access as a RA? And the Lounge is cramped already? Sounds like they might be full on Club Floors this weekend.
They are charging me £50 per night for Club access and gave me a room on the sixth floor.

I have met a fellow FT'er who's been given free Club access and is staying on floor seven. He's also been given free movies as a RA but this was not offered to me.

The £50 per night is my fault because I booked it after receiving their promotional email. I had chocolates and a full bottle of wine in my room so I'm certainly being looked after.

I'm impressed with soundproofing here. There is excellent glazing and no echo from the corridors.

Personally I would not recommend the Club Lounge due to poor evening food and very little space. I may be being harsh because I am inevitably comparing it to IC Lounges which is unfair.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: Some, not all.
I've got two rooms at CP City tonight, one is showing as upgrade to a Queen Club (Plat Amb member) and the other as Double Deluxe (Plat member) and a couple of questions:

Does the Club room always give Club access - and is it open at weekends?
Is the Club room by card access or staffed?
Is the breakfast worth while, or is the £10 breakfast offer a better deal?

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by 21H21J
I've got two rooms at CP City tonight, one is showing as upgrade to a Queen Club (Plat Amb member) and the other as Double Deluxe (Plat member) and a couple of questions:

Does the Club room always give Club access - and is it open at weekends?
Is the Club room by card access or staffed?
Is the breakfast worth while, or is the £10 breakfast offer a better deal?

Thanks
I'm there at the moment - Plat Amb upgraded to a Club room (with the £20.12 offer). The Club is open to all Club rooms and is open at weekends. Access is by card, but it's staffed too. Breakfast is OK - cereals, fruit, bread & pastries etc, and with limited hot food (scrambled egg, boiled egg & bacon this morning).
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:31 am

Which one is the best in London?

Hi, guys, I couldn't find any master thread comparing about IHG hotels in London. I'm planning for next christmas visit to London (I know it's too early, but my family are flying all the way from Malaysia, so I think it's better to get things settled as early as possible).

The location (without/less public transport service during Christmas), the luxury level (wanna get best possible hotel for my family), lounge will be my factor of consideration. By the way, status is Plat Amb.

Mod, please move my post if there's a more proper thread for this.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, guys, I couldn't find any master thread comparing about IHG hotels in London. I'm planning for next christmas visit to London (I know it's too early, but my family are flying all the way from Malaysia, so I think it's better to get things settled as early as possible).

The location (without/less public transport service during Christmas), the luxury level (wanna get best possible hotel for my family), lounge will be my factor of consideration. By the way, status is Plat Amb.

Mod, please move my post if there's a more proper thread for this.
Did you try doing a search with the word London?!

Best properties for luxury are the 2 IC's and Crowne Plaza The City. Ignore the other CP's.

As public transport only stops for Christmas Day, I suppose you only need (location wise) to think about what you'd do Christmas Day. St Paul's Cathedral is very near CP City you could go there, even though location-wise it is not West End.

Remember that lounges may close over Christmas if the hotel is quiet - you'd need to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.