Community
Wiki Posts
Search

has the RA booking experience changed recently?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
has the RA booking experience changed recently?

Haven't booked an IC stay in a few months and before I'd book online, then a few days later it would show Modified and the hotel changed my dates for early/late checkin/checkout and applied the room upgrade. I booked a room almost two weeks ago and I haven't seen it change from Confirmed to Modified. Was i just lucky before or is it normal for the reservation to not change?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Originally Posted by ianturner
Haven't booked an IC stay in a few months and before I'd book online, then a few days later it would show Modified and the hotel changed my dates for early/late checkin/checkout and applied the room upgrade. I booked a room almost two weeks ago and I haven't seen it change from Confirmed to Modified. Was i just lucky before or is it normal for the reservation to not change?
My experience is it depends entirely on the hotel.

Some will upgrade you immediately - others will not upgrade you until 24h of arrival.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Based on my observations the modified is less and less lately. And often modified without change lately. The upgrades are as nice but no modification in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by ianturner
It is entirely dependent what system the hotel uses inhouse and how well it communicates with Holidex. If it doesn't communicate well, you may not see an upgrade online at all even when it has been processed.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
I booked 3 IC stays on the same day: about 7 weeks prior to the trip

Singapore upgraded me withine 24 hours of booking
Bangkok upgraded me within 48-72 hours(wasnt watching)
Kuala Lumpur....said they were going to wait until 24hours prior to arrival, but then upgraded me about 3weeks after booking.

Only Bangkok goes into Club(since lowest category room reserved), others were upgraded to Ambassador suites..based on the two category upgrade system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.