Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking Out of HI's without being there?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by chistery
I guess a lot of people don't actually stay, they check in, then walk back out again, so it's impossible to check out.
u mean ppl regularly check in and dont stay there for the night .. i thot this would only be done sometimes by folks booked on the cheapest rates and lookin for some promo offers but otherwise this would be strange IMO..
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
If I'm not there to check out, I usually call and ask the front desk to check me out and send me a copy of the bill.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Just as an update, in the end the Hotel allowed me to cancel the second night without charge. This did seem to cause the rate for the first night to get reset and I lost things that were meant to be inclusive which I subsequently got charged for but the hotel has agreed to refund them.

I also noted in the room that there was a HI branded leaflet that allowed you to express check-out; it gave the option of fililng in your room number and address details and then dropping this at reception on the way out (rather than waiting). They'd then charge your card and post the reciept to you.

This wouldn't have worked in my case as I'd have left the hotel the day before I took the leaflet to use in other HI's.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
sorry to jump in

regards to the check-out sitution.

do you just ''leave'' whenever you like on the chek-out day without visiting the front deck? (assumed before the required check-out time + bill is correctly charged and credit card is in the file)

does is work at all the IHG's hotels?

cheers
I usually settle the bill the nigth before when it's quiet and then leave the next morning without any hassle or waiting at the check-out desk. So technically I left many times without the officialy check-out. No issues so far.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: IC RA, UA 2P, delta pm
I also settle my bill the night before. It avoids having to get the minibar charges taken off before running for a flight.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: SWA RR CP, UA 1K, IHG Platinmum, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I thought that I would put in my 2 cents...I rarely (if ever) go to the front desk in the morning. I stay at IH properties over 100 nights in a year and want a quick entrance and quick exit. I give them my credit card the night when I check in and then I often leave through a side door (not main entrance) in the morning. This is the most convenient for me. Never had any comments or issues with this process.

By the way, most of my nights are single night stays.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:21 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cordray2643
I thought that I would put in my 2 cents...I rarely (if ever) go to the front desk in the morning. I stay at IH properties over 100 nights in a year and want a quick entrance and quick exit. I give them my credit card the night when I check in and then I often leave through a side door (not main entrance) in the morning. This is the most convenient for me. Never had any comments or issues with this process.
Of course you never had any comments, after all they're in the hospitality business and that would be rude

Sure, you have full right to just leave and not tell them, but IMO it would be common courtesy towards them (after all, they provided a good service) to at least ring the reception to say that you're leaving. It doesn't cost you anything but a minute (or less!) of your time, and it could make their logistics easier, and - who knows - you might even have helped the next guest in the room if they arrived for check-in early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.