Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Moscow Tverskaya (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2010, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

IC Moscow Tverskaya (Master Thread)

I was looking for info about when it will open, and came across this site...

Hello and welcome! My name is Oliver Horn, I am the General Manager of the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya and also manage this blog. As we are building our hotel, we are using it in combination with our Facebook page to interact with our "followers" and want to share with you information that's relevant and fun - to give you some insight how we go about when we open a hotel! I hope you enjoy what we have to share and look forward to getting your comments!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moscow...12078882147346
Old Oct 28, 2010, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The best Western and Russian architects are engaged in the project

What if it would have been the worst ones...
The building looks like a souless 80s bank HQ
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:49 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by nicolas75
The building looks like a souless 80s bank HQ
It looks like totalitarian architecture which should blend fine with the rest of Tverskaya street.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:00 am
Original Poster

I had expected something like this

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter

Moscow's legendary hotel Ukraina has reopened as the brand new Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow after a three-year renovation period, and is set to operate in a market segment that has not yet been saturated.
$300 million was spent on the renovation of the building
The construction of the 34-storey, 206-metre tall "Soviet classicism"-style hotel, which is one of the city's Stalin-era "Seven Sisters" buildings, was completed in 1957. At that time, it was the tallest hotel in Europe.

http://www.ukraina-hotel.ru/en/
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I had expected something like this
For the IC they had a footprint of about 100 by 20 yards and neighboring buildings 9 floors tall.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 4:23 am

new opening date

New opening date for the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya has now been set for October 15, 2011.

Source: http://networkedblogs.com/gG34i and http://www.facebook.com/#!/InterContinentalMoscow
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: IC PA , HHONORS GOLD, SPG, *Alliance GOLD
WOW factor hotel

Had to stays one in dec and one on jan
check my review below with pics on TA

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...al_Russia.html

Regards
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hyperwave
Had to stays one in dec and one on jan
check my review below with pics on TA

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...al_Russia.html

Regards
Good review, it's all about training. Good to see property staff more onto TA reviews too. ^
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Good review, it's all about training. Good to see property staff more onto TA reviews too. ^
Surely you are not suggesting that hotel employees had any influence at all in promoting the long, fulsome and highly-positive reviews for this hotel on Tripadvisor !!!

Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: IC PA , HHONORS GOLD, SPG, *Alliance GOLD
lool Guys I'm not a Staff and I'm from Egypt far away then even thinking of working in Moscow, but when you book a standard room and get upgraded to junior suite with Exec lounge access, a free spa treatment and greetings by everyone from the doorman to the GM himself, I think the long detailed review is the least I can do !! But hey it took me about a month to have time for it..

Hope the review was helpful..
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Hyperwave
lool Guys I'm not a Staff and I'm from Egypt far away then even thinking of working in Moscow, but when you book a standard room and get upgraded to junior suite with Exec lounge access, a free spa treatment and greetings by everyone from the doorman to the GM himself, I think the long detailed review is the least I can do !! But hey it took me about a month to have time for it..

Hope the review was helpful..
OK, you were bought. We all have our price
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
OK, you were bought. We all have our price
Hey now, he could have had the special Russian vodka too.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:44 pm

Decent stay, see posted in RA thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post18436926
Old Jun 2, 2012, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a very nice stray there with family. Booked two rooms on points, got an upgrade to jr suite with a connecting room (my wife and I are both AMB).

In the past in Moscow we stayed at Hyatt and IC is definitely competitive with it.

Great location within 5 min of Tverskaya metro station (as you leave the station take the nearest exit). This is the same metro line as airport train arrival point so with a simple roller it's an easy public transport connection - no need to deal with traffic and expensive taxi.

There is a small grocery store on the right next door downstairs that has plenty of ready to eat deli items (crepes/stuffed blini, cured meats/cheeses, pirozhki/bakery etc etc) - they can heat things up for your - very convenient. Every morning I bought a bunch of pastries etc to bring back to room for us to eat with coffee.

Starbucks is half block away to the right and two local coffee shops are also nearby (one was insanely overpriced but offered great peoplewatching).

"Grabli" - local buffet style restaurant is next to metro entrance - fairly decent and inexpensive food. Being there with kids wit didn't investigate more upscale restaurants.

Minibar with 8-10 bottles of water and soft rinks is free - a nice touch.

Basic internet is free and it was fast enough for skype.

No pool - the biggest shortcoming IMO relative to Hyatt.

Didn't like the bedding - was too stiff and heavy, IIRC Hyatt had Frette sheets.

1.5 km to Red Square - exit hotel turn left and keep walking.

Great bathrooms with good water pressure. Suites are more luxurious with white and coral marble and toto japanese toilets. 100ml elemis toiletries in a suite and 30 ml in reg rooms.

Overall an excellent value for 30K points and OK for BOGO use. Regular rates are high but still lower than Hyatt.

Highly recommend and plan to return. ^
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:47 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Very nice stay, posted some info here.

Further info: Breakfast buffet was excellent. Good variety of things. You could also have omelettes etc. made to order.

Ambassador gift was a pretty matryoshka plus a traditional Russian lollipop ("cock on a stick"). Also received a plate of fruits. The free minibar (two beers, two Cokes, two orange juices and four bottles of mineral water plus two candy bars) was replenished during the turndown service.

The toilet was one of those Japanese version with different sprays etc. There was a button named "Power deodorizer". I did not try it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.