Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worryingly cheap rate - will it be honoured?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Worryingly cheap rate - will it be honoured?

My corporate rate is showing a worryingly cheap rate, and I'm not sure if I should book it. There are the usual two rates, a cheap standard room rate, and a more expensive Club rate. However, included in the club rate is just about every room in the hotel, all the way up to the biggest suites.

Since I'm booking a rate that they're offering me through ichg.com, even if it is a 90% discount, is there any chance of it being honoured? Or will they, quite reasonably, say "look, this is clearly a mistake"? I guess there is no harm in trying...
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:48 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

There is no harm in trying. You can check the Hotel Deals forum for reference on how some "surprisingly cheap" hotel deals have played out in the past. There certainly have been "suite deals" at 90% (or indeed even 99%) off regular rates in the past. You may also choose to share your find with the world by posting in that forum.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:13 pm
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
I have a corporate rate that ends up very cheap sometimes as well. Most of the time you have no need to worry. However, twice in seven years I have had a "surprise" at the front desk.

Which hotel and what was the rate? I will plug my corporate code into reservations and see if I come up with the same thing. PM me if you feel more comfortable.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Print out the confirmation with that rate. If worse comes to worse, you are still covered by the regular corp rate. Whether the ultra-cheap rate will earn PC points is another matter. There may have been a glitch in the system and the rate that came up was either an ICHG staff rate or even the rate PC pays hotels for award rooms. May we inquire which property and what the rate was?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

The rate seems reasonable for a Club room, but whether the same <$200 rate should be extended all the way up to the Presidential Suite is another matter... It's $2.5k on best flex! I'll just have a quick think about my dates, get it booked and printed out, then I'll share the property
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no harm in trying....just make sure you have a print out of the reservation....
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:19 pm

When I looked at the IC Rio earlier this year for bookings over NYE I was able to book the top suite for $155, the same as my Corporate Rate for a standard room. Given as a RA they always upgrade me to a Club Suite I didn't feel right about taking advantage of this glitch in the system but as always YMMV ( your morals may vary )
Old Oct 10, 2010, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
When I looked at the IC Rio earlier this year for bookings over NYE I was able to book the top suite for $155, the same as my Corporate Rate for a standard room. Given as a RA they always upgrade me to a Club Suite I didn't feel right about taking advantage of this glitch in the system but as always YMMV ( your morals may vary )
Ah, interesting... It was Rio that I was looking at, the rate isn't quite the same so I'm guessing there is more than one corp rate with this glitch. As you say, I'm not sure about taking advantage, I may just settle for a normal suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.