Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Crack the case" Promo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Pretty darn high bars they are setting:

1. 37 nights - 4400 pts
2. 18 properties - 6700
3. 14 Saturdays - 5000
4. 18500 points on Visa for 2500 bonus
5. Survey - 500

all 5 bump total 113100.

Even though you have thru May to earn it I just can't see this one.

I took the survey and see a lot of questions about a % off rate after first stay offer. I wonder if this is something they are plannning - after all most of the offers we see are bonus points based on stays/nights.

Last edited by pmaddock; Aug 24, 2010 at 8:54 am
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Platinum Ambassador here
120,300 points offered: 3 nights stayed ytd
PC Visa, 30K points
Take a survey, 2K points
Stay 10 nights, 2K points
Stay at 5 brands, 2.2K points
Stay 3 Saturdays, 1.7K points
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:00 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
It obviously helps if you've had a quiet year. We have . Just six nights so far, two IC single nighters and a four night stay at a Holiday Inn. Plat Amb.

The survey was worth 1,000 points. For another 80,000 we only need 10 nights, 3 Saturdays and 3 brands.

Nice for us, but I'd be much less happy if I'd been more loyal this year and was 'rewarded' with a ridiculous "30 Saturdays and 24 properties" challenge.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:05 am
alc
Original Poster

Terms and Conditions

Here is the T&C for those who want to know:

https://crackthecase.priorityclub.co...and-conditions

NIGHTS
Bonus points will be awarded after staying 68 qualifying nights between 23/8/2010 and 31/5/2011 at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® locations worldwide. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Retroactive points will be awarded for stays that occurred after 23/8/2010 but prior to registration. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 10 business days for points to post.

HOTELS
Bonus points will be awarded after 38 qualifying stays at a distinct IHG property between 23/8/2010 and 31/5/2011 at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® locations worldwide. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Retroactive points will be awarded for stays that occurred after 23/8/2010 but prior to registration. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 10 business days for points to post.

SATURDAY
Bonus points will be awarded after 5 qualifying Saturday stays between 23/8/2010 and 31/5/2011 at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® locations worldwide. A Saturday stay is defined as any stay with an unlimited number of days having a Saturday night included within the stay period. If a stay is longer than 7 days, then the number of Saturdays that qualify is equivalent to the number of Saturday nights during that stay period. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Retroactive points will be awarded for stays that occurred after 23/8/2010 but prior to registration. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 10 business days for points to post.

SURVEY
Must complete the full survey before 31/5/2011 to be eligible for the 2,000 bonus point offer. A one-time bonus of 2,000 points will then be awarded to you approximately 2-4 weeks after you complete the survey. Offer is valid only for member as defined in this campaign. Members who receive a forwarded link of the survey will not be eligible to receive the bonus points. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre.

CRACK THE CASE PAYOUT
Bonus points for cracking the case will be awarded after you have unlocked 4 latches. Any future reservations for stays after 31/5/2011 will not be eligible towards cracking the case. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 10 business days for points to post. Retroactive points will be awarded for stays that occurred after 23/8/2010 but prior to registration.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:06 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I just upgraded to IC RA on August 10, I had one stay in forever until mid-July, then I've had four stays in the past 40 days. I have been Gold for a while just based on bonus points, and I would have been Platinum now even without the RA status. My current balance is 91,803 points.

I think this is about as easy as the offers get:

Visa - 30,000 bonus points
Survey - 500 bonus points
10 nights - 5,000 bonus points
2 brands - 2,200 bonus points
2 Saturdays - 1,700 bonus points

83,000 bonus points for completing 4 of 5. Should be pretty easy for me to get, I had been moving business to IC because I've already requalified for Diamond in both Hyatt and Hilton and a very generous friend referred me to RA status.

The survey was interesting, they were surveying for what bonuses are most enticing, I rated free nights the highest (free night after x stays or nights) and % off the lowest in general. Of course, the survey was a bit silly when they assigned offers to different brands, it doesn't seem to recognize that 2,000 or 5,000 points in various programs do not have the same value between the programs.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by IMH
It obviously helps if you've had a quiet year. We have . Just six nights so far, two IC single nighters and a four night stay at a Holiday Inn. Plat Amb.

The survey was worth 1,000 points. For another 80,000 we only need 10 nights, 3 Saturdays and 3 brands.

Nice for us, but I'd be much less happy if I'd been more loyal this year and was 'rewarded' with a ridiculous "30 Saturdays and 24 properties" challenge.
I will be happy to do the "30 Saturdays and 24 properties" if I receive "575,400 bonus points" that someone else on here was offered. I will post my offer after receiving it. Hopefully soon.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
I got the following :

You have been hand selected to complete a very exclusive mission. Should you accept, you could earn up to 324,300 bonus points—that's enough for up to 21 free nights!*

To do this I need to stay 35 properties, 11 Saturdays and 111 nights all before 31st May next year. It's just about doable if I stick to solely IHG properties.

NIGHTS
Bonus points will be awarded after staying 110 qualifying nights between 23/8/2010 and 31/5/2011 at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® locations worldwide. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Retroactive points will be awarded for stays that occurred after 23/8/2010 but prior to registration. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 10 business days for points to post.

HOTELS
Bonus points will be awarded after 35 qualifying stays at a distinct IHG property between 23/8/2010 and 31/5/2011 at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® locations worldwide. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Retroactive points will be awarded for stays that occurred after 23/8/2010 but prior to registration. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 10 business days for points to post.

SATURDAY
Bonus points will be awarded after 11 qualifying Saturday stays between 23/8/2010 and 31/5/2011 at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® locations worldwide. A Saturday stay is defined as any stay with an unlimited number of days having a Saturday night included within the stay period. If a stay is longer than 7 days, then the number of Saturdays that qualify is equivalent to the number of Saturday nights during that stay period. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Retroactive points will be awarded for stays that occurred after 23/8/2010 but prior to registration. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 10 business days for points to post.

SURVEY
Must complete the full survey before 31/5/2011 to be eligible for the 2,000 bonus point offer. A one-time bonus of 2,000 points will then be awarded to you approximately 2-4 weeks after you complete the survey. Offer is valid only for member as defined in this campaign. Members who receive a forwarded link of the survey will not be eligible to receive the bonus points. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre.

CRACK THE CASE PAYOUT
Bonus points for cracking the case will be awarded after you have unlocked 4 latches. Any future reservations for stays after 31/5/2011 will not be eligible towards cracking the case. For full Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, visit priorityclub.com or contact your local service centre. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 10 business days for points to post. Retroactive points will be awarded for stays that occurred after 23/8/2010 but prior to registration.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Here's my promo numbers (sorry to the persons who had 68 or 111 nights as a lock):

Visa - 60,000 bonus points
Survey - 1,000 bonus points
10 nights - 5,000 bonus points
2 brands - 2,200 bonus points
2 Saturdays - 3,300 bonus points

91,000 bonus points for completing 4 of 5.

Not going to get the credit card but icurhere2 has moved PriorityClub from "tied for second" to "sole back-up program".
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Neat promo, but pretty high levels to achieve. I stand to make nearly 300,000 points, but 32 Saturday nights are pretty doubtful for me. I guess they are going for single travelers.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:23 am

UNLOCK 4/5 LATCHES TO EARN AN ADDITIONAL 435,000 BONUS POINTS

PRIORITY CLUB® SELECT VISA®: EARN 60,000 BONUS POINTS
TAKE A SURVEY: EARN 1,000 BONUS POINTS
STAY 181 ROOM NIGHTS: EARN 72,200 BONUS POINTS
STAY AT 2 BRANDS: EARN 2,200 BONUS POINTS
STAY 4 SATURDAYS: EARN 5,000 BONUS POINTS

181 room nights would mean about 5 nights a week from today until May 31st. Not doable since I stay onsite Monday to Thursday afternoon. So is it worth signing up for another credit card for 500k points?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: NZ, QF
In my case:

Up to 120,300 bonus points - enough for up to 8 free nights
Survey - 2000 bonus points
Stay 10 room nights - 5000 bonus points
Stay 2 brands - 4000 bonus points
Stay 2 saturdays - 3300 bonus points

Unfortunately on the next 3 months I shall be staying at 1 IHC property on 1 night only as per current plan, so no hope for those stay-and-get bonus points
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:28 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pws01
UNLOCK 4/5 LATCHES TO EARN AN ADDITIONAL 435,000 BONUS POINTS

PRIORITY CLUB® SELECT VISA®: EARN 60,000 BONUS POINTS
TAKE A SURVEY: EARN 1,000 BONUS POINTS
STAY 181 ROOM NIGHTS: EARN 72,200 BONUS POINTS
STAY AT 2 BRANDS: EARN 2,200 BONUS POINTS
STAY 4 SATURDAYS: EARN 5,000 BONUS POINTS

181 room nights would mean about 5 nights a week from today until May 31st. Not doable since I stay onsite Monday to Thursday afternoon. So is it worth signing up for another credit card for 500k points?
It would basically be 495k bonus points for the card (assuming you get the 2 brands and 4 Saturdays anyway and do the survey), which you could convert to over $2,000 in anywhere any time hotel AMEX cards ... it's hard to imagine that's not worth it!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
It would basically be 495k bonus points for the card (assuming you get the 2 brands and 4 Saturdays anyway and do the survey), which you could convert to over $2,000 in anywhere any time hotel AMEX cards ... it's hard to imagine that's not worth it!
Well yea but the extra open credit on my name, another new inquiry, anything that could bing down my credit score could hurt my interest rate on a a loan which could amount to many more thousand.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
YES! Do it. I will buy you the extra 5000 points to put you at an even 500,000 for completing the promo.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by pws01
Well yea but the extra open credit on my name, another new inquiry, anything that could bing down my credit score could hurt my interest rate on a a loan which could amount to many more thousand.
The economy is going back in the tank and will be flat for a long time so long term interest rates are going lower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.