Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New York Times Square Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:37 am

the nicest room you can book online is listed as a "studio" NOT as a suite. It strikes me that I could use a BOGO for this room.

Really hoping for an upgrade to an this bad boy:

"Whoever has enough cash to stay in the 2,700-square foot, two-story penthouse suite will get to enjoy breathtaking views - showcased in 23 feet of glass windows - of the city skyline, including Times Square and the Hudson River."

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/po...k-city/99750/1

Though unfortunately I don't think I even have the cash to shell out the $350/night the studio room would cost--and thats after the BOGO. :/

Last edited by Surgee; Aug 3, 2010 at 11:48 am
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:33 am
Original Member

Just got back from 3 nights on points (30k per night).

Given an apparent upgrade (standard Ambassador) but could not really tell if it was. Standard sized 2 bed room with walk in shower (but no bath tub) on the 24th floor. Water and fruit in room waiting. Extra water each day. Late checkout granted till 4pm without issue.

Free movie but no free internet (front desk said everyone asked this!!)

Location OK - pretty busy around the hotel with plenty of eating spots. Subway stop right beside main entrance. Subway has the blue E line from JFK so very handy for the airport. (elevator in subway as well). Took 40 mins from checking out of the hotel to sitting in the Virgin Atlantic Lounge sipping Mojitos, and cost 7.25usd per person.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I called and spoke to the someone at the hotel and was advised that the skyview rooms are not that big, they are actually quite small.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat Ambassador, WN FF
IC New York Times Square Master Thread

I loved the soft opening of the IC Times Square. We (family of 4) stayed on July 17-24 for 7 nights. I used the F&F rate (thanks flyertalkers!) but received an upgrade to the double superior which had a great view of 8th ave 44th and a peekaboo view of the Hudson River. Room had huge shower and comfortable bed but spotty and noisy internet connected computer on the desk. It has a very modern and urban vibe meets Spa decor. The food and minbar were tied into that "don't touch or we'll charge you detectors. We were the first in our room on the 26th floor and noticed changes and improvements to the physical plant like door spy holes and rugs in loby over the course of week. There were definitely more guests by week's end. Service was first class and met Charlotte -Front desk manager, Drew GM, Moritza F&B , and Kat -Concierge. We got a chance to preview CA VA. They have a very discerning and thoughful concierge services from the folks for AbigailMichaels. Location was excellent as this was our first time in NYC---we hit 4 broadways shows, NY Yankees, Statute of Liberty/Ellis Island, and a number of museums like Met. We look forward to next trip to explore neighborhoods. IC NY Times Square will definitely be our home base.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Suites at IC Times Square

Do they also have real Suites (not the "Junior" Avenue Suites)? I think I read something about a "Manhattan Suite" somewhere. Does anybody know anything about the size, etc.? Or haven´t they finished them yet?

And I need an E-Mail contact. Did not get an answer from their official address (ictsqsales(at)ihg.com) for a few days...
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
I think they have (or will have) 3 Manhattan Suites (around 100 sq m) and a Presidential Suite (around 250 sq m).

According to the check-in letter the Avenue Suites (a large corner room with a seating section) will be the typical RA upgrade.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador Member, SPG Gold, Honnors Silver, Delta
Thumbs up

Just got back from a great weekend at ICH Times Square, you can view Pictures here! Staff was super nice and very friendly, As a standard Ambassador I had booked sky view king and was upgraded to the Avenue Studio 32nd floor, after which I then presented my Ambassador BOGO cert for weekend stay. Room was nice, stay was great, restaurant is expensive but worth it, excellent food. I will post complete details of the stay shortly.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tiebomber
Just got back from a great weekend at ICH Times Square, you can view Pictures here! Staff was super nice and very friendly, As a standard Ambassador I had booked sky view king and was upgraded to the Avenue Studio 32nd floor, after which I then presented my Ambassador BOGO cert for weekend stay. Room was nice, stay was great, restaurant is expensive but worth it, excellent food. I will post complete details of the stay shortly.
Hey tiebomber, your picture link is not shared publicly so we can't see them
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador Member, SPG Gold, Honnors Silver, Delta
Sorry! link to pictures should work now.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
According to the hotel website:
Originally Posted by hotel website
* High Speed Internet Access
* Wireless Data Connection
* * Initial Fee: $0.00
This is meaningless. Why bother with such duff info which is at best incomplete?

The hotel tells me:
Originally Posted by hotel e-mail
... $12.95 for 24 hours internet connection to $14.95 for 24 hours high speed internet connection.
I'd only need access for a few minutes a day, and the cheapskate in me says I could use the (up to) $89.70 on something else.

The thought occurs to me that the Regus lounge around the corner at 1501 Broadway could help out. Their gold card offers complimentary access, 24 hours a day too if I want to pop in after a show.

I've not used Regus before. Has anybody experience of using Regus just for web access?

BTW, the hotel's e-mail message adds:
Ambassador Services sometimes gives special promotions during the year offering internet complimentary for PC Ambassadors, but, at this time, promotion is not available.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
first of all in regard to regus 24 hour policy, it's one of the best excuses iv'e ever heard I have yet to find a location that is open for 24 hours if you call and ask they will explain that somewhere in the world there is a location that is open hence regus is open 24 hours

I stayed here first night of soft opening, nothing like using the bed for the first time the room smelled light paint, it was great. I had enitially booked the manhattan suite although since it wasnt open they comped me the "junior suite" or avenue room, I was promised the manhattan suite for next time I return which I have allready booked I will try to post pics when I go.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by eykramer
first of all in regard to regus 24 hour policy, it's one of the best excuses iv'e ever heard I have yet to find a location that is open for 24 hours if you call and ask they will explain that somewhere in the world there is a location that is open hence regus is open 24 hours

Are you suggesting that
Originally Posted by Regus
... On Site
* 24 hour access
doesn't mean 24 hour access?
http://www.regus.com/locations/US/NY...roduct=offices
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
great

Originally Posted by tiebomber
Sorry! link to pictures should work now.
great pictures, but wow. This new IC looks sort of like a remodeled HI??

Bathroom looks nice, looks like W accessories.

Very nice for a bottle of VC on your anniversary.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: Intercontinental, Delta, American, United, US Air
I will be staying here next month on a friday night. I used to live in ny and moved to florida, so I miss the city dearly. It should be nice to stay in the middle of it all. I haven't partied NY style in a long time. thankfully army duty has me going first weekend of october. room rates for this hotel seem around same price as the HI's in manhattan, so overall not too pricey.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by travelsavant
Feel free to ask questions.
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if the corner rooms can accomodate two double beds?

AM staying there end of Sept.

Cheers

SPRUCE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.