Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PC Platinum status match?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
PC Platinum status match?

Any experience on which other hotel reward programs that I could apply for a status match? Any direction of how to apply?
e.g. Hyatt Diamond, SPG diamond?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:35 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold, Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum
Lol I've never thought of such a thing, perhaps I should give it a try with HHonors!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
On its own, PC Plat is certainly not equivalent to Hyatt or Hilton Diamond, or SPG Platinum. RA maybe, but the others would only give you top tier if you had the same number of stays last year with PC as is required for their respective tier. Since one can earn PC Plat with a couple of stays and some bonuses, you'd have to show at least 25 stays or 40/50 nights depending upon the program you're wanting to status match.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:45 pm

Well Hyatt is running a promo where you get Plat free right now and Diamond with a certain number of stays, when you sign up as a Gold Passport member. As PC Plat, I would not expect any status matches honestly, since a corpse could get PC Platinum.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Well Hyatt is running a promo where you get Plat free right now and Diamond with a certain number of stays, when you sign up as a Gold Passport member. As PC Plat, I would not expect any status matches honestly, since a corpse could get PC Platinum.
Where might this Hyatt Promo be?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
Where might this Hyatt Promo be?
Go to the Hyatt GP forum, look for the second sticky from top, TheBigWelcomeBack promo.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
PC Platinum Corpse?

Originally Posted by antonius66
As PC Plat, I would not expect any status matches honestly, since a corpse could get PC Platinum.
Actually, very tough. You could participate in all of the partner programs, picking up ~16K in bonuses, and whatever credits you got for the purchases.

But unless you wheeled the body into a hotel and checked it in, I don't see how you could get enough points to hit 60K. Most corpses have bad credit, so the Visa card would be out...
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:07 am

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
Nobody matches PC Plat, RAs with lots of stays maybe...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meng79
Nobody matches PC Plat
Not true.
PC Plat may not be matched by everyone, but many programs consider match requests case-by-case.

Hyatt will match if you demonstrate a high number of actual stays.

Also, Best Western definitely will match:
https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...tatusmatch.asp
Old Mar 25, 2010, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Not true.
PC Plat may not be matched by everyone, but many programs consider match requests case-by-case.

Good to know...
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:38 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by soitgoes

And Hilton will give you a Diamond challenge (21 nights in 90 days) based on PC Platinum.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:01 pm
ttw

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I contacted Marriott last year advising them that I was considering moving my business away from IHG. They asked for an email screenshot of my points earned that year and number of qualifying nights. From initial phone call took less than 3 hours to be upgraded! I had 62 nights last year at IHG which I assume had some influence. Give it a try
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:06 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ttw
I contacted Marriott last year advising them that I was considering moving my business away from IHG. ... From initial phone call took less than 3 hours to be upgraded!
matched with what level at Marriott?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
matched with what level at Marriott?
I'm curious too, but I do know that Marriott is dialed in with how easy it is to attain Plat here in various ways.
I have Gold w/ MR. Earned the hard way.
PC gave me a status match to PC Plat.
Just for the heck of it, I hit up MR with my PC Plat status to see if they'd upgrade me (cheesy, I know....). MR told me that they upgrade PC members based SOLELY on nights count, irrelevant of PC status.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 7:24 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shanny19
Just for the heck of it, I hit up MR with my PC Plat status to see if they'd upgrade me (cheesy, I know....). MR told me that they upgrade PC members based SOLELY on nights count, irrelevant of PC status.
not cheesy at all, you have to ask, right ??!!^
Per the above comments, one would hope another hotel program would look at total nights if a person was trying to come over from IHG as PC Plat does mean squat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.