Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward nights - how are the hotels compensated by ICHG ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Question Open Q

An open question for all:

What would you do when you see your points credit it back to your account (reversal) after checkout?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Voucher
An open question for all:

What would you do when you see your points credit it back to your account (reversal) after checkout?
You Award night hotel will bill IHG Corporate no sooner than on a monthly in arrears basis so could be 5-8 weeks post stay. IHG corporate would respond no points debitted for your award night so no money from us, hotel then quite fairly charges your associated CC for cost of stay as if booked with cash.

Sometimes if non-customer reversal is noted, IHG will instead debit the requisite points, but if you spend returned points, that is impossible and hotel will bill your CC

Historically people got away with keeping quiet and spending the points a second time. Whilst you may still get lucky that is far less likely these days.

If a PB it would not be worth keeping quiet, but on multinight IC at 50k/night some will chance keeping/double-dipping returned points. worse on PB now expired a few months on corporate have to first debit full n nights at full nnK and then credit back , which if a low balance is not possible

eg I once had 5night PB extension of 25k returned, then 4months later 125k debited followed later by 100k credit.

For IC Amstel and IC Park Lane I informed hotel at checkout and they fixed things.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by scubaccr

Historically people got away with keeping quiet and spending the points a second time. Whilst you may still get lucky that is far less likely these days.

For IC Amstel and IC Park Lane I informed hotel at checkout and they fixed things.

Aren't you the ideal customer for IHG ^

It's still happening btw, this year I've experienced this as well as some of my friends. In fact, there is a little trick for it (+50% works).

I noticed this happening "occasionally" with hotels managed/operated by IHG. Not sure if they do this in purpose, but it's possible from pure commercial perspective! (not accusing anyone here)

In conclusion, I believe that this loyality scheme built with many "back doors" (i.e. P+C trick, old unbelievable bonuses, eBay-RA, etc ...) ... So is it harm to play with their rules?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.