Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Resort Bali Baruna (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I have stayed at both multipletimes and find the breakfast fine. What did you think was off about it? Just curious.

Lately though I am usually just passing through on a quick 8ish hour layover and not staying for breakfast.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:51 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I have stayed at both multipletimes and find the breakfast fine. What did you think was off about it? Just curious.

Lately though I am usually just passing through on a quick 8ish hour layover and not staying for breakfast.
If you’re referring to the Benoa I don’t remember. I just remember we ate there two days and opted to not eat it the last two days as me and my gf both found everything tasteless.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Any recent stays? Booked for one night when we land before moving to the IC.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Did 3 nights back in Feb. Nice hotel and great staff.

Pool is good and walking is great - if you know the way you can walk from DPS quicker than than the taxi will take and save a fair premium because of the airport surcharge.

Restaurant good but very Indian influenced. And expensive for Bali.

But TBH unless you are buying a premium room the HIX in the same complex is as good and much less expensive.

Diamond benefit drinks doesn't even offer local beer. Breakfast was included in most rates during my stay. So...

If going to IC Jimbaran barely 15 mins. But Sanur more like 35.
HadesNL and pretzlaff like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: NZ
The HI Resort is fine, but if you just want somewhere to sleep overnight then the HIX is fine and cheaper. Breakfast is decent for a HIX and I really like the rooftop pool and the happy hour there is worth a visit. You can always eat at the HI Resort if you wish.
HadesNL, pretzlaff, Modo and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
if you are looking for somewhere convenient and/or you want to avoid "wasting" a night with a late arrival at the IC, you might be better served by the HIX (adjoining the HI), which is considerably cheaper AND offers a complimentary airport pick-up. Breakfast is spectacular in HIX terms, and of course free.

If you are comfortable using taxi tricks (go up to the airport departure level), the Hilton Garden Inn is much closer and cheaper. It's large, relaxing swimming pool is its best feature

Harris hotel even closer. even cheaper and with shuttle. Comfortable enough, but definitely a step down in polish.
HadesNL, pretzlaff and Modo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.