Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental London Club Lounge - is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Is the Club free to RA's now? I just made a reservation and it says this under Rate Description....

COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL FOR ALL STAYS IN NOVEMBER 08

Huh?
Old May 19, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by stimpy
Is the Club free to RA's now? I just made a reservation and it says this under Rate Description....

Huh?
November 2008? Back to the future.
Old May 19, 2009, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.02; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by LH738
Originally Posted by stimpy

Huh?
November 2008? Back to the future.
Yeah something isn't quite adding up here.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Checked in today and Club access is back at £40+VAT for Ambassadors.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 2:01 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
Brilliant - I have 3 nights (from the free night promo) there in November.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 1:07 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Just to note that on this visit there didn't appear to be any alcohol available (foc) outside cocktail "hour"....

...and also note that cocktail hour has now changed times to 5.30pm-7.30pm! (with all the alcohol being taken away at 7.25pm)

The cold selection for breakfast was delicious as always, with the salmon being some of the nicest I've had the pleasure of eating. Having said that, in common with the last time I was there, I found the full english a bit hit and miss. It's beautifully presented, but different parts were hot, others luke warm etc.

Last edited by markdg; Aug 24, 2009 at 4:58 am Reason: It appears I can't construct sentences early in the morning
Old Aug 24, 2009, 4:08 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Yes - the "Happy Hour" for free alcohol does seem to be 5.30PM - 7.30PM now, according to the menu card in the club. They also bring round little tasting plates of canapes to each table, which I don't remember them doing last time.

But IMHO, this club is still one of the best and well worth the cost (discounted or full price) - as long as you use it for breakfast and the evening drinks. I actually thought the breakfast was excellent, and Mrs AMDB7 and I had no problems on 3 consecutive days; everything was piping hot, exactly as ordered, and quite superb. The cold selection was also very good - lots of everything, with good replenishment.

Overall we thought the service in this club was spot-on too. Very well organised and good levels of staffing during the busy times.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 5:12 am

AMDB7, I agree with you in the main. At half price, I think it is great value for two, as long as you make use of the evening drinks, and breakfast (and especially if you're around for the 3pm-5pm afternoon tea)

It's not perfect though, and the canapes in the evening are not that stunning - although the drinks choice is good and comprehensive, and more than makes up for it.

It is definitely good value at half the price, and has a great feel to it - although I'm not convinced I'd want to pay full price for it.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:31 am
NB1

Programs: BA
Rules - Intercontinental Club Lounge London

A question on the rules of the lounge.

I'm staying in a few weeks with my family and mother. We've booked two rooms. In the past I would have paid for both rooms to have Club access. Is this an expensive mistake, should I just pay for my own room and take my mum in as a guest. If I did this would she, as a guest, be able to take breakfast with us in the lounge.

ANy clarity will be a big help.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:44 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by NB1
A question on the rules of the lounge.

I'm staying in a few weeks with my family and mother. We've booked two rooms. In the past I would have paid for both rooms to have Club access. Is this an expensive mistake, should I just pay for my own room and take my mum in as a guest. If I did this would she, as a guest, be able to take breakfast with us in the lounge.

ANy clarity will be a big help.
Book through a Virtuoso TA and lounge access is complimentary.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:43 am

I keep hearing about Virtuoso, but when I tried to book through them, they said they couldn't match the website advance purchase rates. Unfortunately, they didn't expand on that at all

Does anyone have any info about their rates please?

Cheers
Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by redshift27
Book through a Virtuoso TA and lounge access is complimentary.
or, add your mother (or a random femal name) as a guest to your room, even though she also has her own booking. Your room will be for 2 pax so you'll be able to get 2 people into the club - the fee is per room.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:15 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by markdg
I keep hearing about Virtuoso, but when I tried to book through them, they said they couldn't match the website advance purchase rates. Unfortunately, they didn't expand on that at all

Does anyone have any info about their rates please?
The rates are, for the balance of 2009, are fixed at GBP289 superior, 309 deluxe, 339 Executive and 449 for a studio. The rates include the club access (breakfast can also be taken in the cookbook cafe) & one two course lunch in Cookbook Cafe.

What is also nice for those without RA status or similar is that a one catagory upgrade is done at time of booking. Superior = deluxe. Deluxe = Executive and so on, even into suites.

Are there better values? Sure, but for someone who was going to pay for Club Access this might just add up.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:29 am

Thanks a lot ABG - really useful ^
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:55 am

Spent the bank holiday weekend here in the club lounge whilst on a free night
Paid the suppliment but Mrs mickgoodie and i both thought it was well worth it!

The afternoon tea - was very well stocked with great sandwiches and cakes and lots of tea/coffee

The Canapés/booze period - we had 3 plates finger food, and lots of booze (within moderation) that we stacked up on the table.

Breakfast - very very good breakfast, lots of choice and stopped at 11am which is pretty good.

We thought that every member of staff we spoke to were very polite and never ever did anyone comment or remark the amount we ate/drank.

HTH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.