Search

Cdn Airmiles or PC Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Via 1 Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Cdn Airmiles or PC Points

Hello,

I am currently a PC Platinum member. On my profile I opted to receive Cdn Airmiles instead of the points.

I have tried to call the Priority Club Customer Service desk to ask them which would be a better option. I know that it is 10,000 for 250 Airmiles.
Being a Platinum member, do I receive 50 percent bonus Airmiles or does it apply to the points only.

I recently had a stay and it seems that the bonus is not taken into account.
If this is the case, I would change my reward back to points. I could understand the Air Miles option since you don't have to wait to have 10000 points to get your Air Miles.

So, should I continue receiving AirMiles or switch to points and have the option to trade them for AirMiles later.

Thanks for your help.

Redstorm
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Redstorm,

The platinum 50% bonus only applies when collecting PC points.

Collect PC points and with all the promotions going on throughout the year, you will be able to renew your Platinum status much sooner and have many options on what to do with all the bonus points you have accumulated, including converting them to AirMiles.

mxm135
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Thank you MXM135

Thanks for the answer MX135.

I just changed my rewards preference.
I couldn't get straight answer from anyone at Customer Service.

At least I caught this error early in time.

Thanks again.

Redstorm
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Curious how you achieved Plat status if you were collecting AMs. Must mean you actually stayed 50 nights?! Pretty major accomplishment and I would have thought PC points were the better deal for so many reasons, in most part due to the limitations on redeeming AMs: more costly hotel rooms, only economy flights, over-priced merchandise.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:47 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Barring some type of special earnings promotion from one's airline FF program, setting one's Priority Club earnings preference to PC points is almost always the better choice.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Yes my bad

Yes, I had chosen Points before. This year I decided that I needed to top up my account for my AirMiles so I switched.

Thanks again eveyrone for the help.

Redstorm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.