Wiki Posts
Search

BOGO Certificate can't use what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:10 pm
RCC
Original Poster

BOGO Certificate can't use what to do?

I have a IGH BOGO Certificate which I can't use what to do? It expires the end of this month.

Do you think I can call IGH and trade it in and ask for a later dated cert?

Ric
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
They generally do not offer extensions. The general practice is to post on Coupon Exchange for a BOGO that expires later in the year. You'll find if there's someone planning to use one later this month with a future expiry date, they'll swap it with you...as long as there's time for the post office to get it to them. Now that you've posted here, you may get a PM or three as well.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
According to formal posts on the IC Ambassador forum (the invitation-only one run by PC), they CAN extend them on a discretionary basis if people ask .....
Old Jul 8, 2008, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
According to formal posts on the IC Ambassador forum (the invitation-only one run by PC), they CAN extend them on a discretionary basis if people ask .....
However, this was advertised as a once-in-a-lifetime courtesy, and only after the certificate actually expires.

I lost one to expiration on May 31, requested a new one June 2. Was told 2-4 weeks. Don't have it. Wrote in a second time a few days ago, and was told, "it has been processed, expect it in 2-4 weeks. Sorry for the delay."
Old Jul 10, 2008, 7:18 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Share the wealth

I too just found myself in this same situation. Rather than go through the hassle of trying to get it extended, do what I did and give it back to the community here on FT! ^ I put up a thread in the CC saying quick expiring BOGO free to whomever and it ws gone quick. It's nice to give back sometimes.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 3:59 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
A question about bogo and 5k certs trade:
Anyone here had problems with ICHG in using other's members certs?
Becouse reading T&C they can also close your account....

I'm afraid of it ....
Old Nov 8, 2008, 4:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by aleinvolo
A question about bogo and 5k certs trade:
Anyone here had problems with ICHG in using other's members certs?
Becouse reading T&C they can also close your account....

I'm afraid of it ....
No problems ever. AFAIK they don't track the certs by serial number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.