Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Salzburg Crowne Plaza property

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:41 am

Stayed there with my family a few days ago for 1 night, using 2 rooms, one booked with my PC Platinum account, and one using my wifes virgin account, both bookings on Pointbreak 5000 points.

There were no upgrades or any other status recognotions (I did also not ask, the standard room was very nice and had lots of extra space)

Interestingly, my wife got a voucher for the bar, even if she has no status at all, and I did not get anything. The staff was very friendly.

The valet parking guy was not there so I had to park myself in the garage 200 meters away. However, there was someone helping me getting the luggage out of the car in front of the hotel and it did diretly go to the rooms.

Very good location in Salzburg at the Mirabell Garden and only 10 minute walk in the middle of the city.
Old May 16, 2010, 1:41 pm

Hello!

I stayed at the hotel in Mai 2010 and booked a standard room and got an upgrade to a junior suite (very nice - with new bathroom). I am a platin member of PC.

Best regards

Stefan
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I was here over the weekend and had an upgrade to a junior suite on a 79 euro rate. Room was fine but wi-fi was horribly slow---it took me 9 hours to upload 200 photos (for comparison, HIX in Berlin took 3 mins to upload 150 of them). Ran into the same problem at a McDonalds in the city so whatever the problem was may not be under the properties control. If you're staying here in the near future and need internet, ask them about the speed.

Added on breakfast at 10 euros (normally 15). On Sunday morning they were packed and the staff could not keep up with refreshing food items. On Monday morning we had the place to ourselves with only about six tables occupied and all food items readily available.

Slept just fine with no street noise to speak of. Enjoyed a visit to the bar Sunday night where we were well looked after.

Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:39 pm
uk1
Suspended

Hi Tom, thanks for the post .. planning a stay!

Was there a socket for a direct net connection in the room or was it just wifi?

Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:16 pm

I didn't look for a wired connection, so can't really tell you if there was one in room somewhere. They offered me free wi-fi hotel-wide as a Platinum, best I can tell, as prior reports I read on Trip Advisor indicated free wi-fi was only available in the lobby and that was my expectation when I checked in.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:47 pm
uk1
Suspended

Many thanks! Overall ... you enjoyed your stay and would return?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:21 pm

I'd return, certainly. As long as you don't mind a 10 min walk from the train station, or a 10-15 minute walk into the old town, the location works.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:42 am
uk1
Suspended

Many thanks - yes I know the location well. The walk isn't the issue ... simply it looks a bit tired and the rates are pretty low .... and they do seem to give Plats a slightlky better room.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
I stayed at the The Pitter a few weeks ago, and my family and I had a great time. We were upgraded to a suite that had just been renovated, and it looks like they are making some great changes at the property. I would happily stay here again.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
I stayed there at the beginning of June. Aside from the dismally-marked parking (it's in a totally separate building; they valet'd us for free just for bringing it up), it's great property. We were upgraded to a suite on the top floor - big enough to roller skate in. Floor track lighting, HUGE bathroom/waterfall shower, and even got comped the minibar. The skybar/restaurant is delicious, but make a reservation (we did not - we were told none was needed - got up there and all the good window tables were taken). I would definitely go back.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:36 am

Any recent updates (no status). Planning a stay here for late August/early September 2017.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Was there last Feb, got a fully renovated junior suite for very little money. Impressed - and will be back for a night this Feb. Even got Bulgari toiletries.

My review - http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/02...-pitter-hotel/

Sheraton is very close as an alternative. Gentle stroll across the river into the old town.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:41 pm

Sheraton and Golden Hirsch are sadly way too expensive.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joetro
Sheraton and Golden Hirsch are sadly way too expensive.
When you finish your stay can you give an update on how things are now? I'll be there in a couple months.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:51 pm

Sadly will not be staying at either of those properties. Way too expensive. Am eating dinner in Golden Hirsch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.