Wiki Posts
Search

BOGO use and staying on points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
BOGO use and staying on points

I'm pretty sure that I've seen this question answered before, but I've searched the forum without success, so I'm reluctantly opening a thread to ask the hive mind.

My question is this: Can a BOGO cert be combined with a stay on points? Specifically, I'm looking at the IC London for a Saturday/Sunday stay. Has anyone had success there with using a BOGO for the second night when paying for the first night with points? I'll have RA status, IIRC.

Thanks,

Andyandy
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by andyandy
I'm pretty sure that I've seen this question answered before, but I've searched the forum without success, so I'm reluctantly opening a thread to ask the hive mind.

My question is this: Can a BOGO cert be combined with a stay on points? Specifically, I'm looking at the IC London for a Saturday/Sunday stay. Has anyone had success there with using a BOGO for the second night when paying for the first night with points? I'll have RA status, IIRC.

Thanks,

Andyandy
I think the simple answer is - no. You could certainly combine a points stay with a two weekend day paid stay, of which a BOGO could be used as compensation for the second weekend night.

However, I love hear other people's war stories
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Absolutely not. You must have a paid Friday or Saturday to use a BOGO for the Saturday or Sunday night that immediately follows that paid night. Awards are not considered paid nights. One can, of course, follow a BOGO night with an Award night or two or more, providing the initial night of the stay that precedes the BOGO night is a paid night. Suggest you read the small print on the BOGO and in the T&C for the Ambassador program.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
That answers my question. Thanks for the replies, Club_IC and Shareholder. I'd seen the "paid" language in the T&Cs, but as some properties seem to interpret theme differently (e.g. Ambassador benefits on award stays) I wanted to check actual experiences.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; IC RA
I have done what Shareholder suggests many times. Use points leading up to Friday, pay Friday, use cert for Saturday, continue on with points... I like to look at which of the weekend days might be the more expensive and make sure that is the one covered by the cert.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Using your paid night first and then following with BOGO and reward nights will often result in a nicer room (paid category generally higher than the reward night), if your schedule allows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.