IC Budapest (Master Thread)

Reply

Old Feb 4, 13, 11:41 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HEL
Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Posts: 8,085
Originally Posted by ag51 View Post
Staying this weekend - booked Superior River View room, have received Club access as an RA but upgrade is to an x11 room (very small bathroom and bedroom, seperate small lounge area with a sloping window) which seems to be the same room as I booked.

Happy enough, as the Club is great and the view is superb, but any regulars here know what sort of room that is? My booking is still showing the original room type.
Try for x30 - I think it is their biggest non-suite room, with 2 king beds (Or actually they have 3 or 4 rooms on the 9th floor where they used to have the club, those are the best I have stayed in this hotel. x11 is considered a definite upgrade, I don't know if it's a junior suite or not, but its' 2 (small) rooms, anyway. Depends on preferece, really.

I usually book cheapest street side, always get very nice river view with Club They have my preference on file, ie. 1 level room upgr + Club (vs suite w/o Club)

Sitting in the Club as I'm writing this
WilcoRoger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 13, 1:37 pm
  #92  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Silver
Posts: 1,313
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; SAMSUNG GT-I9100/I9100BVLPH Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Originally Posted by ag51 View Post
Staying this weekend - booked Superior River View room, have received Club access as an RA but upgrade is to an x11 room (very small bathroom and bedroom, seperate small lounge area with a sloping window) which seems to be the same room as I booked.

Happy enough, as the Club is great and the view is superb, but any regulars here know what sort of room that is? My booking is still showing the original room type.
Try for x30 - I think it is their biggest non-suite room, with 2 king beds (Or actually they have 3 or 4 rooms on the 9th floor where they used to have the club, those are the best I have stayed in this hotel. x11 is considered a definite upgrade, I don't know if it's a junior suite or not, but its' 2 (small) rooms, anyway. Depends on preferece, really.

I usually book cheapest street side, always get very nice river view with Club They have my preference on file, ie. 1 level room upgr + Club (vs suite w/o Club)

Sitting in the Club as I'm writing this
Then I may have seen you earlier :-)

My first time in Budapest, enjoyed the hotel and city generally and will look to come back when it's a little warmer
ag51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 13, 8:36 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 425
Booked a Best Price Guarantee there. Received a Suite (RA Upgrade).

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...ntal-budapest/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 12, 14 at 1:26 pm
youhavebeenupgraded is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 13, 7:37 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Amsterdam, Asia, UK
Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Posts: 4,970
deleted

Last edited by scubaccr; Mar 27, 13 at 8:44 am Reason: inputted into the wrong city thread
scubaccr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 13, 7:39 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Amsterdam, Asia, UK
Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Posts: 4,970
Post Deleted, was for Bucharest not Budapest
scubaccr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 13, 3:11 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TSE
Posts: 818
Does anyone know how much they charge for Club access ?

Are they serving alc.beverages 24/7 or only during the Happy Hour ?

Tanks beforehand.

Last edited by moeser; Apr 3, 13 at 3:22 pm
moeser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 13, 1:47 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HEL
Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Posts: 8,085
Originally Posted by moeser View Post
Does anyone know how much they charge for Club access ?

Are they serving alc.beverages 24/7 or only during the Happy Hour ?

Tanks beforehand.
List price 60eur or so. Front desk may offer for 40:ish. Ask by email beforehand, might go down as low as 30. (breakfast alone is 30 eur, so good deal)

Alcohol only during happy hour.

EDIT: last week I checked out at the front desk (club was closed that early) and noticed, that the going rack rate for club is 90 euros. Even for double occupancy that seems excessive, especially as the room itself would cost 120 euros or so. So it's better to write ahead and ask for a quotation

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Apr 22, 13 at 12:47 pm Reason: updated club price
WilcoRoger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 13, 2:24 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TSE
Posts: 818
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
List price 60eur or so. Front desk may offer for 40:ish. Ask by email beforehand, might go down as low as 30. (breakfast alone is 30 eur, so good deal)

Alcohol only during happy hour.
Good to know.

Thank you.
moeser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 13, 3:57 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 939
Or you might try your luck. My friend was upgraded from a classic room to club room before her arrival, she has no status at all...Not sure whether it was a mistake though...

Originally Posted by moeser View Post
Does anyone know how much they charge for Club access ?

Are they serving alc.beverages 24/7 or only during the Happy Hour ?

Tanks beforehand.
Dolphinyong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 13, 9:18 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tyrone,EU
Programs: Avios Hunter
Posts: 2,602
Any one that has a few avios (BA miles) in avios.com, there is a pretty decent offer at the moment on this hotel.

2000 avios plus 180, gets you 3 nights in a classic+ breakfast, for dates in November.

Current price on IHG is 354 for the 3 nights.

2000 avios is about 20-30 of value, so getting around 300 of value for 200.
tangey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 13, 6:34 pm
  #101  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,970
Quoted 70 for the club lounge for two by email a few days ago. Wow. Since we'll probably take a 7 PM flight out, does anyone know if we could continue to use the lounge after check out time?
Tizzette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 13, 2:43 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Amsterdam, Asia, UK
Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Posts: 4,970
Originally Posted by Tizzette View Post
Quoted 70 for the club lounge for two by email a few days ago. Wow. Since we'll probably take a 7 PM flight out, does anyone know if we could continue to use the lounge after check out time?
If you are Ambassador status, entitled to 4pm late checkout, no reason why you can't use lounge until leaving. It helps hotel if you free up your room instead of keeping room until 4pm.

Alternatively if non-ambassador do your checkout in the Lounge and ask nicely if you can remain until you leave for airport. I am sure they will say yes.
scubaccr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 13, 10:57 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,970
Thanks, Scubaccr.
Tizzette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 13, 11:52 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HEL
Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Posts: 8,085
IME the Club is very accomodating - just ask.
WilcoRoger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 14, 9:37 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: YYZ / FRA
Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Posts: 1,406
Does anyone know their email? I would like to get some information of my past stays.
BRAISKI is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread