Wiki Posts
Search

IC Budapest (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ag51
Staying this weekend - booked Superior River View room, have received Club access as an RA but upgrade is to an x11 room (very small bathroom and bedroom, seperate small lounge area with a sloping window) which seems to be the same room as I booked.

Happy enough, as the Club is great and the view is superb, but any regulars here know what sort of room that is? My booking is still showing the original room type.
Try for x30 - I think it is their biggest non-suite room, with 2 king beds (Or actually they have 3 or 4 rooms on the 9th floor where they used to have the club, those are the best I have stayed in this hotel. x11 is considered a definite upgrade, I don't know if it's a junior suite or not, but its' 2 (small) rooms, anyway. Depends on preferece, really.

I usually book cheapest street side, always get very nice river view with Club ^ They have my preference on file, ie. 1 level room upgr + Club (vs suite w/o Club)

Sitting in the Club as I'm writing this
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:37 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; SAMSUNG GT-I9100/I9100BVLPH Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Originally Posted by ag51
Staying this weekend - booked Superior River View room, have received Club access as an RA but upgrade is to an x11 room (very small bathroom and bedroom, seperate small lounge area with a sloping window) which seems to be the same room as I booked.

Happy enough, as the Club is great and the view is superb, but any regulars here know what sort of room that is? My booking is still showing the original room type.
Try for x30 - I think it is their biggest non-suite room, with 2 king beds (Or actually they have 3 or 4 rooms on the 9th floor where they used to have the club, those are the best I have stayed in this hotel. x11 is considered a definite upgrade, I don't know if it's a junior suite or not, but its' 2 (small) rooms, anyway. Depends on preferece, really.

I usually book cheapest street side, always get very nice river view with Club ^ They have my preference on file, ie. 1 level room upgr + Club (vs suite w/o Club)

Sitting in the Club as I'm writing this
Then I may have seen you earlier :-)

My first time in Budapest, enjoyed the hotel and city generally and will look to come back when it's a little warmer
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:36 am

Booked a Best Price Guarantee there. Received a Suite (RA Upgrade).

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...ntal-budapest/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 12, 2014 at 1:26 pm
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
deleted

Last edited by scubaccr; Mar 27, 2013 at 8:44 am Reason: inputted into the wrong city thread
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:39 am

Post Deleted, was for Bucharest not Budapest
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:11 pm

Does anyone know how much they charge for Club access ?

Are they serving alc.beverages 24/7 or only during the Happy Hour ?

Tanks beforehand.

Last edited by moeser; Apr 3, 2013 at 3:22 pm
Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moeser

Tanks beforehand.
List price 60eur or so. Front desk may offer for 40:ish. Ask by email beforehand, might go down as low as 30. (breakfast alone is 30 eur, so good deal)

Alcohol only during happy hour.

EDIT: last week I checked out at the front desk (club was closed that early) and noticed, that the going rack rate for club is 90 euros. Even for double occupancy that seems excessive, especially as the room itself would cost 120 euros or so. So it's better to write ahead and ask for a quotation

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Apr 22, 2013 at 12:47 pm Reason: updated club price
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
List price 60eur or so. Front desk may offer for 40:ish. Ask by email beforehand, might go down as low as 30. (breakfast alone is 30 eur, so good deal)

Alcohol only during happy hour.
Good to know.

Thank you.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:57 pm

Or you might try your luck. My friend was upgraded from a classic room to club room before her arrival, she has no status at all...Not sure whether it was a mistake though...

Originally Posted by moeser

Tanks beforehand.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Any one that has a few avios (BA miles) in avios.com, there is a pretty decent offer at the moment on this hotel.

2000 avios plus £180, gets you 3 nights in a classic+ breakfast, for dates in November.

Current price on IHG is €354 for the 3 nights.

2000 avios is about £20-£30 of value, so getting around £300 of value for £200.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:34 pm

Quoted 70€ for the club lounge for two by email a few days ago. Wow. Since we'll probably take a 7 PM flight out, does anyone know if we could continue to use the lounge after check out time?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
Quoted 70€ for the club lounge for two by email a few days ago. Wow. Since we'll probably take a 7 PM flight out, does anyone know if we could continue to use the lounge after check out time?
If you are Ambassador status, entitled to 4pm late checkout, no reason why you can't use lounge until leaving. It helps hotel if you free up your room instead of keeping room until 4pm.

Alternatively if non-ambassador do your checkout in the Lounge and ask nicely if you can remain until you leave for airport. I am sure they will say yes.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:57 am

Thanks, Scubaccr.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IME the Club is very accomodating - just ask.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Does anyone know their email? I would like to get some information of my past stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.