Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Thanks for the link! Great job!

Is there a way to see all IHG properties between NYC and DC? Or should I just enter cities along the way to get an overview of the different areas?

A map with all IHG locations would be great but I guess that's way too much work to ask from a single individual. Thanks for offering though!
Old Jul 2, 2007, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
IC Presidente Monterrey, IC Phnom Penh, IC Shenzhen, IC San Salvador, IC Real Costa Rica, IC aqaba added
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:44 pm

For those traveling to NZ on the UA deal, the CP CHC is available.

P.S. wouldn't this be better if merged with the other PointBreaks thread?
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by mtparadis

P.S. wouldn't this be better if merged with the other PointBreaks thread?

I agree, but it seems the mods are asleep at the switch. This thread should have dead-ended within hours of being started since it duplicates at least two others.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:06 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Fims
Does anyone has ever seen a pointbreak offer in Japan?
I believe that these two HI are in the PointBreak list.

Holiday Inn Mito
Holiday Inn Nagasaki
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:39 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by holtju2
But the hotels get so little revenue from any award stay that I wonder if it even covers the direct costs i.e. cleaning the room etc.
For my 5K points award, the Staybridge SJC is getting $127 per night from PC.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:01 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by holtju2
For example I will be in Phnom Phenh tomorrow and the IC seems to be going for 5K PC Points.
Yah, actually it is available all the way through December 2007 just up to Xmas. Not bad if your travels lead you there anyway though deluxe rooms go for something like 120USD. Still great value.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 2:19 am

Is there a penalty for canceling Point breaks rate?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 3:35 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by ehud
Is there a penalty for canceling Point breaks rate?
According to the T&Cs: Cancellations in conjunction with PointBreaks reservations will forfeit points equal to the first night of the reservation. Priority Club members who cancel a PointBreaks reservation will have points equal to the first night of the reservation deducted from their Priority Club account.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 5:38 am

No penalty for Pointbreaks cancellations

I've already had to cancel à couple of Pointbreaks reservations, and my account was credited within seconds. Maybe I was just lucky ?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Already Antwerp ,Liege and Cagliari gone from the European Pointsbreak today. Interesting to see Blois still hanging in there from the very beginning(Interesting ,historical town for those who havent been: perhaps the 'Garden Court' status is a bit of a put off)
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
I believe that these two HI are in the PointBreak list.

Holiday Inn Mito
Holiday Inn Nagasaki
Not exactly the properties I was hoping for , but at least it's a start!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 5:02 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Originally Posted by mtparadis
unfortunately it seems it is only available for stays until Nov 30th (checking out 12/1/07)

and I'm going in january =(
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:19 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Originally Posted by toutoute
I've already had to cancel à couple of Pointbreaks reservations, and my account was credited within seconds. Maybe I was just lucky ?
You will not see any cancellation fee on the description of transcation but they do deduct the 1st night as a penalty. I tried it once :-( so be carefull.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
My count too. But if these are being programmed from Atlanta it only confirms what we know about the ignorance of the average US high school graduate who cannot find many locales even within the USA let alone elsewhere in the world.

(I once had to deal with an AOL phone CSA to get the access number in England. Called the US call centre from Montreal, but the idiot I got didn't know where England was and kept giving me a number in Tennessee! I gave up and when I got to the AC Arrivals lounge at LHR, called the UK customer service number I found in an AOL ad and got someone at their Irish call centre who was able to give me the number...This is another reason why many American companies use offshore CSA centres, even in India, because the staff will have received a better quality basic education.)
Kinda rough coming from a resident of the 51st state....

Seriously this view reflects the large urban areas in the US where the schools are troubled. It is not as you say an average US HS graduate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.