Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berchtesgaden Master Thread [now a Kempinski]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by blase
Thanks! I am sure we will like this hotel, and but I agree, two nights is plenty.

The Advance Payment rate is 179euros for a King Standard room; now I'm thinking that I might take that and just chance that I get an upgrade to the room I currently have (since it's "one level up") But I'm afraid to use the AP rate along with the BOGO in case there are any problems.
No, there won't be any problems. They'll simply refund the second night to your credit card.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Hello

Chinatrvl has answered this already. Just to confort you, I had an AP rate gave them the cert at checkin ang got the second night credited back, no problem what so ever.

If you are sure you are going, and the trip is soon, then you might want to take the AP rate and safe some bucks.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:07 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by aquaguy
As RA, I booked the cheapest rate (233€ AP) and got upgraded to the ponorama suite.
Yes, I second that.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I wish they offered an AP rate that included breakfast, then I wouldn't have any qualms about switching. But they don't.

Since I know this property is remote, I know we'll definitely want to be eating breakfast at the hotel.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:04 pm

I wish they offered an AP rate that included breakfast, then I wouldn't have any qualms about switching. But they don't.

Since I know this property is remote, I know we'll definitely want to be eating breakfast at the hotel.
Hello blase

Good that you asked. Yes the hotel is remote, and yes nothing close by to have breakfast at, but we ordered the room service breakfast, and by combining some good stuff, you will get more than enough for two people for a lower price than the breakfast buffet. I would say, if the difference is 40€, than you might want to check the option of the room service breakfast.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Oct 17, 2008, 9:53 am

Hello blase

Good that you asked. Yes the hotel is remote, and yes nothing close by to have breakfast at, but we ordered the room service breakfast, and by combining some good stuff, you will get more than enough for two people for a lower price than the breakfast buffet. I would say, if the difference is 40€, than you might want to check the option of the room service breakfast.

Cheers
aquaguy
Thanks, aquaguy. Also anyone have experience w/the Sunday brunch? Since we will be there Sat-Mon I thought this might be nice to try out, if it's good. Then that will be yet another reason to not get the rate that includes breakfast.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:12 am

Thanks, aquaguy. Also anyone have experience w/the Sunday brunch? Since we will be there Sat-Mon I thought this might be nice to try out, if it's good. Then that will be yet another reason to not get the rate that includes breakfast.
Hello

You might want to ask szg since he lives close by and goes regulary to the Sunday Brunch. szg let us brunch there sometime, will be arround again 24 to 26 Oct and 14 to 16 Nov.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Oct 18, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
[...] will be arround again 24 to 26 Oct and 14 to 16 Nov.
Hey, great news! So szg and you will be staying at the hotel from 14th to 16th November? Just asking because I'll be there the same time, celebrating my birthday weekend

How about a drink at the bar then?
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Hey, great news! So szg and you will be staying at the hotel from 14th to 16th November? Just asking because I'll be there the same time, celebrating my birthday weekend

How about a drink at the bar then?
Well, I will not be staying in the hotel but we could meet for a drink for sure. Don't know about szg, maybe he will reply to this thread.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:27 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Meet for a drink should be fine. ^
Old Oct 29, 2008, 1:50 pm

Ok, I checked online today for the Advance Purchase rate and it has gone down to 161 euros a night (vs. 201 before). So I want to take advantage of it and lock it in. But it shows that I'm going to get charged an extra 30 euros per night for having my husband in the room with me!! I thought, since I was an Ambassador, that this fee would be negated, however when I do "view estimated total price" it does show the 30 euro fee added on. What gives?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 3:14 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
If someone can confirm that single rate for double occupancy is also an AMB benefit, not just an RA, then they just correct the cheque on check-out and you don't need to mind during booking. So just go on an book, they'll remove the 2nd person charge on check-out, if the previous condition is true.

Ok, I checked online today for the Advance Purchase rate and it has gone down to 161 euros a night (vs. 201 before). So I want to take advantage of it and lock it in. But it shows that I'm going to get charged an extra 30 euros per night for having my husband in the room with me!! I thought, since I was an Ambassador, that this fee would be negated, however when I do "view estimated total price" it does show the 30 euro fee added on. What gives?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 3:24 pm

I went ahead and called to book, and they stated that there is no add'l charge for the 2nd person for ambassadors. ^ So, problem solved!!

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:04 am

I can't believe I never followed up on this

So we were supposed to stay two nights at this hotel - a Friday and Saturday. I did the advance purchase so I had paid for two nights at 161€ per night. Well... my husband got deathly ill while we were in Munich, and he physically could not get out of bed for two days straight (I thought I was going to have to take him to the emergency room). On Friday we were supposed to rent a car in Munich and drive to Berchtesgaden. We were unable to do that, and had to spend a fourth night at the Le Meridien in Munich (for which they were quite accomodating).

I didn't call the hotel but I did call the PC/Ambassador hotline to advise them there was no way we would make it to Berchtesgaden to check in Fri night, but that we would be there Saturday. The rep told me she would inform the property.

So Saturday comes, my husband is finally well enough to get out of bed, and we make it to the IC Berchtesgaden. Upon checking in, I am informed that we are upgraded from the basic room, to the Panoramic Suite (sans fireplace though). I am happy with this upgrade. Then the girl notices that I was supposed to have been there Friday night. We explained the situation to her, and informed them that we called the Ambassador hotline to tell them that we were unable to make it. Then, I present my BOGO to the girl. Immediately I could tell she didn't know what to do with it. She called the manager over, and the manager explained to me that they could not accept the BOGO because, "see, you are only staying one night." And I said, "yes, but I have already PAID for two nights." I would understand if I was asking them to "comp" me for the one night that I was staying there - but I wasn't asking them that. I simply wanted to get my one night for free that I was due.

I told her I already paid for the one night, so you have to accept it (at this point I was getting a little testy). I said if anything it actually worked out to their benefit, because we had already paid for our room, but yet weren't there, so they could have "resold" the room to someone else.

After much going back and forth, the manager finally consented to let us use our BOGO. She told us that she would do it "this one time only." I said, "don't worry, there won't be another time." And since the room was prepaid, she basically had to put a 161€ credit on our room. We ended up spending over 200€ on our one night stay anyway (dinner at the Bayernstube, 2 breakfasts, and drinks at the bar - the place is pricey!!).

So, I was a little annoyed with the way it was handled, but it all worked out in the end.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:02 am

Hello

Good, that it worked out at the end. Hope your husband is feeling better now and that you enjoyed your one night stay, even having this little problem at check in.

Cheers
aquaguy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.