Wiki Posts
Search

Ic lax needs to add a ra amenity.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 2:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Ic lax needs to add a ra amenity.

I'm a bit shocked that ra's don't get a special amenity. Also free breakfast would be a plus.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by staxx
I'm a bit shocked that ra's don't get a special amenity. Also free breakfast would be a plus.
I didn't know there was an IC LAX.

I am currently at the IC in Century City and, albeit late, they gave me some of the best brownies I have ever had as an amenity.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 4:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Ic century city I mean did not offer a ra amenity ,just waters and fruit. So brownies are the amenity. Breakfast would be nice too.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Different hotel programs have different benefits for their top tiers. If you are looking for a breakfast you should get Marriott Gold (or higher), Hilton Gold (or higher), or Hyatt Diamond. The breakfast is the benefit of those programs. It is NOT a benefit of the IC RA.

Also the amenity differs from hotel to hotel and sometimes within the same hotel as well. I have been to the IC LA four times and once received a bottle of red wine (couldn't care less because of the well stocked minibar), water once, the brownies once too, and some other sweets once as well.

I actually wonder if they keep some kind of list what they have offered you before because I have never received the same amenity twice at the IC LA.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:35 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
Different hotel programs have different benefits for their top tiers. If you are looking for a breakfast you should get Marriott Gold (or higher), Hilton Gold (or higher), or Hyatt Diamond. The breakfast is the benefit of those programs. It is NOT a benefit of the IC RA.

Also the amenity differs from hotel to hotel and sometimes within the same hotel as well. I have been to the IC LA four times and once received a bottle of red wine (couldn't care less because of the well stocked minibar), water once, the brownies once too, and some other sweets once as well.

I actually wonder if they keep some kind of list what they have offered you before because I have never received the same amenity twice at the IC LA.
are they still giving you a nice upgrade? do they call you a VIP, and have they given you free wireless?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by holtju2

You might be right about that. They do keep track of previous visits. That impresses me.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by doctall41
are they still giving you a nice upgrade? do they call you a VIP, and have they given you free wireless?
Actually I received one of the better suites when I was there last week. It was a corner suite 1034 with lots of sunlight. Better than the two previous ones that didn't have optimal floor plan and were rather dark.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
the amenity is on sunset and vine^
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Ambassador amenities are generally considered to be the water, fruit and movie. RAs get the addition of the free minibar. Benefits of Ambassador is a one-category room upgrade, of RA executive room or suite. Breakfast has never been a benefit of Ambassador (unless part of an upgrade to a Club IC roon/suite). Things like bottles of wine, are considered to be the Ambassador gift, which varies greatly from hotel to hotel, and sometimes is non-existent. However, the gift can also be a tray of cookies, a box or tray of chocolates, or an actual item like the porcelain tequila shot "glass" I received at the IC Presidente in Mexico City this weekend, or the box of fudge and bottle of Pinotage I received from the IC Sandton Towers in Johannesburg last month.

That said, I figure the free minibar is a pretty generous "amenity" for RAs.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
However, the gift can also be a tray of cookies, a box or tray of chocolates, or an actual item like the porcelain tequila shot "glass" I received at the IC Presidente in Mexico City this weekend, or the box of fudge and bottle of Pinotage I received from the IC Sandton Towers in Johannesburg last month.

That said, I figure the free minibar is a pretty generous "amenity" for RAs.
I loved the brownies in L.A. and I am a fruit eater so that works wherever it happens for me, but the knick-knacks and ash trays I really have no use for, and will be satisfied with the mini-bar. I must be in a choc mood because I also consumed not a few gratuitous M&M's, and the 3rd day ordered more of the brownies.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:46 pm

I'm at the IC LAX right now, for 3 nights. And because I signed up for a couple of promos, at the completion of this stay I will receive complimentary Ambassador status and a ton of points.

I have a King, corner room - lots of windows on 2 sides, with walk-out balcony, including two chairs and a small table. FYI, the water in the rooms is complimentary to all.

I arrived late last night and ordered room service. The ahi tuna salad was very good (seared ahi tuna on a fusion avacado/veggie salad). I also had the cesaer salad with chicken which was quite tasty, too. Everything arrived in perfect order and in less than 30 minutes (which I had been quoted). It was nice to eat off of fine china and (real) silverware. My food also arrived with a basket of assorted crisp-bread and rolls (and butter on the side).

Service has been stellar. I'm amazed that the people who helped me yesterday still remember my name. Their positive attitude and customer focus is (should be) contagious. This is a fine hotel!

ps - I'm not an RA. But I did stop by the Gelson's to pick up my own bottle(s) of wine! [they have a fairly good selection and prices]
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by todd-r
I'm at the IC LAX right now, for 3 nights. And because I signed up for a couple of promos, at the completion of this stay I will receive complimentary Ambassador status and a ton of points.

I have a King, corner room - lots of windows on 2 sides, with walk-out balcony, including two chairs and a small table. FYI, the water in the rooms is complimentary to all.

I arrived late last night and ordered room service. The ahi tuna salad was very good (seared ahi tuna on a fusion avacado/veggie salad). I also had the cesaer salad with chicken which was quite tasty, too. Everything arrived in perfect order and in less than 30 minutes (which I had been quoted). It was nice to eat off of fine china and (real) silverware. My food also arrived with a basket of assorted crisp-bread and rolls (and butter on the side).

Service has been stellar. I'm amazed that the people who helped me yesterday still remember my name. Their positive attitude and customer focus is (should be) contagious. This is a fine hotel!

ps - I'm not an RA. But I did stop by the Gelson's to pick up my own bottle(s) of wine! [they have a fairly good selection and prices]
Cool, todd-r. I really like the Gelson's there and the whole mall is pretty nice. I had the seared Ahi twice. I agree that the staff there are more personable than most.

I still think the place is pricey--I hope you got a bargain.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Camino1

I still think the place is pricey--I hope you got a bargain.
I'm on a conference rate of $277 per night.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
I stayed here recently and cannot speak highly enough of the property - very good all round!

Especially when I realised its actually next door to the Fox tower used in the Movie 'Die Hard' back in 1987!!
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:26 pm

Boy are you guys lucky! I stayed there as an RA right after the changeover and recieved NOTHING other than the free minibar. The front desk didnt even know what an RA was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.