Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New points requirement for reward nights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
New points requirement for reward nights - just published!!!

IHG just published a new points chart for reward nights
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...rateCode=IVANI

for example:
25.000 points - Holiday Inn Vienna (City and South)
40.000 points - IC Vienna

Just noticed it because I checked for a forthcoming stay ... they changed it 5 minutes ago!

----------------------------------
Useful Links:
Priority Club® PointBreaks for only 5,000 points per night - Visit exciting destinations around the globe!
Overview & participating properties
Updated Reward Nights Terms & Conditions (items 4. and 11. refer to PointBreaks)
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...l#rewardnights
Old chart for reward night redemption (part of member guide, page 10)*
https://secureimages.ichotelsgroup.c...mber_guide.pdf
*Link may soon expire!

Last edited by ClubICGirl; Mar 29, 2007 at 10:56 am Reason: Links added
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Well spotted! They have indeed!

A Holiday Inn just outside London I used to stay in was once 15,000 per night now 25,000
and
A Holiday Inn Express is now 15,000 per night instead of 10,000!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, but likely for not much longer
This is really disturbing. They changed it overnight with no warning. The Tahiti hotels are now all 40,000. (Good thing I already booked for upcoming trip there). This is a serious point devaluation. Hyatt's recent uptick on top properties was only a 20% increase, and was announced in advance so folks could book the lower rate for a little while. This is an immediate 33% increase!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:10 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Willard and Baltimore ICs at 40K also...
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:11 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Angry What the @#$%

I was looking at IC Boston and was wondering why it's 40k pts ... very low and unprofessional of ICH and PC
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Yes, gone are the days of nice little HIX stays in good old England for 10.000 points a night ... but CP and HI now at the same level??? Who would then opt for the HI? Yes, they have the right to change the levels but without warning for their most loyal customers?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
25k for a HI?! At an average rate of £75 that values points at around 0.3p. This is a pretty weak level by any standards, and (depending on how high you value airline miles) makes transfer to the airlines look like an acceptable alternative for once.

I'm VERY annoyed as I came very close to booking a HI for neices Christening yesterday but held off pending final confirmation of the date. At least my Willard reservation for May is in the bag.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
25k for a HI?! At an average rate of £75 that values points at around 0.3p. This is a pretty weak level by any standards, and (depending on how high you value airline miles) makes transfer to the airlines look like an acceptable alternative for once.

I'm VERY annoyed as I came very close to booking a HI for neices Christening yesterday but held off pending final confirmation of the date. At least my Willard reservation for May is in the bag.
Yep, and I had planned on booking a couple of reward nights at the Mark Hopkins this weekend - have one night in the bag but planned on a couple more Grrrr.

The CP at 25,000 ($200 value) is now looking good compared to the MH at 40,000 ($269). And I'm guessing that the CP will look after a Platinum PC holder better than the MH will an RA.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:00 am
Original Poster

New feature: POINTS BREAKS - Visit Exiting Destinations around the Globe

OK, let's dwell on the more positive aspects ...
1. Meet at the CPs!
2. There is a new feature:
POINTS BREAKS - Visit Exiting Destinations around the Globe
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
There are a few (and I mean a few) point drops for HIs (example, Pittsburgh-North Hills from 15K to 10K), but it's all over the place (the HIX Pittsburgh Airport is 15K, up from 10K). Basically, this means that the HIX could be 10, 15, or 25K (the latter being the case in NYC). Of course, that's going to make getting in at the two CPs a lot harder...
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
This is pretty crappy. The POINT BREAK enhancement looks good, I'd like to see them add a few more properties to the list. I fear that the whole PB enhancement may be a ploy to soften the blow of this devaluation.
Does the crystal ball see this vaporizing by years end?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
6c just lost thousands of dollars in business today. I was planning on using some points for a HIX to stay in during the summer while taking college classes. It jumped from 10K to 25K points. I will burn my points, and then switch to Hilton.

In addition, I help plan travel for my mom and others in her company. I will from this point forward no longer book ANY 6c properties.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
sad but still some nice touches

This is sad news, although there are some nice touches about the variable points system. For example the HI Berlin Schoenfeld is now only 5k points during weekends. Altough I wouldn't know why on earth someone would stay there on saturday night
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I'm on hold with guest relations right now, waiting to vent on someone. For some reason, there is a long hold time today. Something about higher than normal call volumes.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Finally!~~ but 40K at Bora Bora still a very good value!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.