Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of IC's that remove alcohol from RA's minibar before arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott PLT
IC San Francisco

Looks like the IC San Francisco on Howard street is starting to pull the alcohol for Royal Ambassadors. My last two stays have only had beer and soda in the mini bars.

Stayed there two weeks ago and check in took a little longer then usual. As I approached my room there was an out of breath maintenance guy walking away from my door. Apparently during the extra time at check in- he ran up and removed the wine and hard alcohol from the mini bar. I really like this hotel but with this new policy, all my stays will now be at the Mark Hopkins.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by stewkfc
Looks like the IC San Francisco on Howard street is starting to pull the alcohol for Royal Ambassadors. My last two stays have only had beer and soda in the mini bars.

Stayed there two weeks ago and check in took a little longer then usual. As I approached my room there was an out of breath maintenance guy walking away from my door. Apparently during the extra time at check in- he ran up and removed the wine and hard alcohol from the mini bar. I really like this hotel but with this new policy, all my stays will now be at the Mark Hopkins.
Thats crazy! You should post this in Tripadvisor.

They probably remove it for certain people who empties them everyday!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:45 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Originally Posted by stewkfc

Thats crazy! You should post this in Tripadvisor.

They probably remove it for certain people who empties them everyday!
Yes I agree crazy. Mark Hopkins for me also.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DaveTO
This may seem like a pointless question, but why can't you reserve the room as a general member, then give them your membership number at check-in...or when checking out?
The problem of doing that is hotel will not upgrade you in advance. And when you check-in, they will always make excuses like "Opps, our suites are sold out/not ready" and so on.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
What is the typical cancellation policy there? Can you cancel on the day off arrival as part of a general or corporate rate?

If so why not book into both SFO properties and if the minibar has been stripped in the nicer one cancel your booking after inspecting the room. If true this is a shame as I don't really like the Mark Hopkins.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Yes I agree crazy. Mark Hopkins for me also.
I'd email Guest Relations and tell them. Will they be happy to lose your business for the sake of $15 (cost) of miniatures per day? I dont think so.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Then there are a few IC's that actually add alcohol to minibar when an RA is staying, I can think of two straight away I sometimes stay at
IC Kiev - 2 dark beers + 2 lager beers (minibar is normally alcohol free) without RA needing to ask.
IC Budapest - spirits pack supplied free each day on request for RA guest, else just 2 lager beers

and at IC-Park Lane my stays (some profile hotel keeps)
a)they swap the 2x Budweiser for 2x Heineken (so I have 4x heinekin)
b)swap a wine for a piccolo champagne (so I have 2x piccolos like they used to have, except both white, not one of each white/pink)
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Then there are a few IC's that actually add alcohol to minibar when an RA is staying, I can think of two straight away I sometimes stay at
IC Kiev - 2 dark beers + 2 lager beers (minibar is normally alcohol free) without RA needing to ask.
IC Budapest - spirits pack supplied free each day on request for RA guest, else just 2 lager beers

and at IC-Park Lane my stays (some profile hotel keeps)
a)they swap the 2x Budweiser for 2x Heineken (so I have 4x heinekin)
b)swap a wine for a piccolo champagne (so I have 2x piccolos like they used to have, except both white, not one of each white/pink)
Lately, I have had a similar experience as RA at my regular IC. Last 2-3 visits, as I arrive in my room, there are extra bottles of my preferred drinks out on the desk. These are the things I normally partake of from the minibar and it must be in my "record." They are giving me extras of what I usually enjoy. I chalk this up as excellent customer service...in addition to the pillow preference, room preference, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.