Wiki Posts
Search

HI Bologna City

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
HI Bologna City

Anyone have any thoughts on HI Bologna City? I am thinking about using it as a base for a few days train touring to Modena, Ravenna etc in July. I expect it will be typical HI but am more concerned about the location. The train station looks to be about a 20 minute walk, as does the centre of town for restaurants etc. That's not too far. I'd prefer to stay in the centre of town but rates look a bit too high for anything decent so staying at the HI is a cost saving, points earning exercise, especially with the Visit Europe rates covered in a different thread. Is public transport okay? Buses? Any view welcome.
Old May 14, 2006, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Anyone have any thoughts on HI Bologna City? I am thinking about using it as a base for a few days train touring to Modena, Ravenna etc in July. I expect it will be typical HI but am more concerned about the location. The train station looks to be about a 20 minute walk, as does the centre of town for restaurants etc. That's not too far. I'd prefer to stay in the centre of town but rates look a bit too high for anything decent so staying at the HI is a cost saving, points earning exercise, especially with the Visit Europe rates covered in a different thread. Is public transport okay? Buses? Any view welcome.
Hi
I stayed at the hotel for two nights last summer with the family. Its not too bad at all and if you get a room which is at the front of the budiling then the views are very good.

There is a very nice pool which is good for relaxing at the end of the day. Also a very good market in the City Centre.

There are also a few restaurants beside the hotel (turn right as you come out and across the road).

As for transport to the City Centre, well we used the local taxis, it was about 10 to 12 euros. There are bus services as well.

Anyway I hope that this helps you out a bit.

regards
Old May 18, 2006, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Thank you Radioman, very helpful ^
Old May 18, 2006, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
I'm there this weekend and will give you an update on my return. The consensus among friends and colleagues is that the distance does not present a problem, with the route into the old centre well served by buses. The area is also supposed to be fine.

I would hope that being out by the station actually makes day trips to nearby towns all the easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.