Wiki Posts
Search

Problem at Holiday Inn downtown Providence

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Problem at Holiday Inn downtown Providence

I’m currently staying at the Holiday Inn downtown Providence. I checked in on Friday for a 6 night stay. When I went to take a bath Saturday morning I discovered a problem with the plumbing so they asked me to move to another room. Then on Sunday morning they called to say I needed to move again because the floor I was on was being taken out of service on Monday. They said they could only offer me a smoking room with twin beds, my original booking was for a non smoking room with a king bed. I reluctantly moved again.

Then this morning at breakfast I was the only one in the restaurant, I asked the server and he said that the hotel was almost empty. So how come they couldn't give me the type of room I'd booked?

My question is should I complain and what would be reasonable to expect them to do? The room I’m in isn’t particularly great but I don’t really want to move again to a 4th room, I’m on a month long trip to the USA and I've got quite a bit of stuff with me. On the other hand shouldn’t they offer me something for all the messing around (points?).

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.