Wiki Posts
Search

weird question about points...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
weird question about points...

ok - im going to be staying at various hi's over the next few months -- and with the bonus points i should have enough for one free night

i was trying to figure out if i could amass enough points before the day i want to use (middle of my 3 week trip)

is this possible? has anyone done it?

it sure would be nice!

thanks
allen
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:21 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Question

I'm not sure what you're asking. It generally takes 5-7 days after each checkout for the points from a given stay to appear in your account. As soon as the points appear in your account, you can use them for a stay that same day. If you back up 7 days from the night you want to use your points, and figure out how many points you'll have in completed stays at the earlier date, you should know whether you have enought points for the free stay. Does that answer your question?
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:56 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
I was confused by the question too, but I think aku provided the info that was sought. The only catch is that by the time the points are posted, the hotel might not have any more inventory available for points so close to the actual stay.

Please visit SeatExpert.com International Airline seatmaps
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
aku/jet - you both hit it on th head for me - so the hotel does not always have to take points...

thank you!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:40 am

I have never had a HI or HI-X not accept a reservation for points.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:48 am

Programs: AF FP rouge, IC/PC Plat/RA, Starwood Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, Easyjet diamond
When trying to book HI Rimini, Italy, from July 18th to July 31th with reward nights it is not possible although the reservation would be possible with a flexible rate.

I have mailed the issue on Monday to '+EMEA Priority Club' because I thought that there are no "black out dates".

No reply yet.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:12 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by erbas
When trying to book HI Rimini, Italy, from July 18th to July 31th with reward nights it is not possible although the reservation would be possible with a flexible rate.

I have mailed the issue on Monday to '+EMEA Priority Club' because I thought that there are no "black out dates".

No reply yet.
First, I would like to mention that having a no-blackout policy does not necessarily mean an "if we've got a room, you've got an award night" policy. A no-blackout policy simply means that at least some awards are (initially) available on any given day. Award rooms, as are airline seat awards, are usually limited in number, regardless of a stated no-blackout policy.

From the T&C's:

REWARD NIGHTS

2. Each reward is valid only for a double or king room for one night and tax. Reward Night reservations may be booked for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10) on the same stay date at the same property provided the Priority ClubŪ Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation and the required points are redeemed for each room. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and availability of allocated resources and may be unavailable during high demand periods[boldface mine].
So, while the member benefits state that there are "No blackout dates for reward nights", this (like any of the other benefits) is subject to the terms of the full Terms & Conditions. And according to the full T&C's, "rooms" (I'm assuming award rooms) are limited, and the number of allocated rooms may have already been reserved by others (as an award, or sold), or there may be no rooms initially allocated during high demand periods (your situation?) regardless of a no-blackout policy.

In any case, erbas, I do hope you are able to get the room(s) you want.

Last edited by DoubleJ; Apr 13, 2005 at 2:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.