Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rates that earn Points and those that don't

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 7:38 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by bounty
When the points didn't appear automatically, I used the discrepancy form on the website to send it in (along with a stay in HI Munich City Centre which hadn't appeared either).

I got an email back stating that the HI Munich points had been added OK, but on examination of the CP Dublin stay they had:
Was the HI Munich reservation also a standard flex rate through the PC website? If not, maybe the two reservations got reversed?

If so, Do you have a printout of the CP Dublin confirmation page when you made your reservation off of the PC/IHG website that you could fax them?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:47 am

Programs: SMWS
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
Was the HI Munich reservation also a standard flex rate through the PC website? If not, maybe the two reservations got reversed?
That was a 3 day advance w/ breakfast, another the next day in a different Munich hotel was breakfast flex (and posted directly). The CP Dublin the following Sunday was breakfast flex - all were made through the PC/IHG website.

If so, Do you have a printout of the CP Dublin confirmation page when you made your reservation off of the PC/IHG website that you could fax them?
I do, and I have quoted it in my email reply to them.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 1:24 pm

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
My understanding is (was) that if you book through the IC Hotels website then whatever rate you choose gets points!
Besides the Entertainement rates, the rate at which Intercontinental sells their hotel nights in the packages HOTEL+FLIGHT that you can book sometimes on their website (I do not know if this is still valid, I did not verified recently) does gives miles for the flight on any company, but no points for the Holiday Inn stays.

So, I would conclude that the rules are not so clear.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
Originally Posted by felis
Besides the Entertainement rates, the rate at which Intercontinental sells their hotel nights in the packages HOTEL+FLIGHT that you can book sometimes on their website (I do not know if this is still valid, I did not verified recently) does gives miles for the flight on any company, but no points for the Holiday Inn stays.

So, I would conclude that the rules are not so clear.

I've emailed member services about getting points for such packages and they responded by saying that the customer should contact the hotel directly before purchasing the package to confirm. Maybe the hotel can look out for the reservation for the PC member and apply their PC# to the reservation. It just doesn't make sense for them not to approve credit for such a stay even if it really is supported by another web site.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:33 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
If I have any questions about anything, I normally just call the hotel direct or ask when I'm checking in. Beginning of June, I check online for the rate for the HI in Alexandria, MN. The rate was around $70, so I called them to see if they had truck parking, answer was yes, so I asked about the rate and they quote me $50. On checking in, I ask if that rate was goog for points, they say no, so I ask for the cheapest rate that would get me points, I end up paying $55. Can't beat that. I had wanted to stay in Fargo, ND but they wanted $110. I'll drive another 100 miles to save $55.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The problem I encountered last year with two stays, one a Great Rates and the other a Corporate Rate [against which I had always until then received points] seemed to come from the fact that the check-in agents at both properties miscoded my rate so it appeared on the check-out folio as a Travel Industry rate, rather than the one it was booked at. I received all my stay benefits, but it took months of faxes to finally get the appropriate credits fro PC.
I wish to echo this point. I recently had a five-day stay at the IC David in Tel Aviv and three days at the Willard, neither of which posted in 15 business days. I called the Ambassador line and the problem was corrected immediately. I did not have to fax anything, but I did have the confirmation numbers of both reservations, which I think really helped the agent find the exact rate that I had booked. Both reservations were made on the PC website and neither was an entertainment rate, which the agent of course recognized. She added both stays and points to my record while I was on the phone.

At the end of the call she said, very politely, that I should be certain to always book on the PC website (which I do exclusively) and to present my card or RA/PC number at checkin, which I also do.

The lesson is that I believe that Shareholder is correct to imply that sometimes, maybe even often, the real problem with points not posting may simply be improper coding at checkin. At least that seems to have been the case for me.

Casimir
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:55 am

Programs: SMWS
Originally Posted by Casimir
The lesson is that I believe that Shareholder is correct to imply that sometimes, maybe even often, the real problem with points not posting may simply be improper coding at checkin. At least that seems to have been the case for me.

Casimir
and to add further credence to this theory, I've just received this from PC, regarding the matter I outlined above:

We called the hotel Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport and confirmed that your stay on June 12, 2005 should qualify for points. Thus, the necessary adjustment ....
Old Jul 3, 2005, 10:39 am

Programs: UAL MM, MR Life Plat, HH Silver, Hertz Prez , and many entry level
Originally Posted by Tempus Fugit
ry opportunity we FT'ers let PC know our feelings on this issue something would get done. I personally am mentioning this in the "comment line" in every survey I fill out and I mention it whenever I speak to a PC rep on any matter. If more PC members would voice the same concern (over and over) it will get through to management.
You know, I wouldn't even mind if they said "we don't give out points for most of our stays, because you don't pay enough". But not crediting the number of nights towards next year's program really stinks. For example, I'm doing a long-term contract, and was staying at a Staybridge. The company uses lots of consultants, so they get a decent discount ($70 vs $114 per night. This is more than the "30% threshold)

I'm willing to accept not getting points, but to stay there for three months with nothing to show for it at all (no credit for any nights) provides zero incentive to stick with this program. I've asked for similar rates for long term stays at the Residence Inn next door, and although they couldn't get down to $71, they got down to $75. Marriott has my business for the rest of this contract. As somebody who's Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Platinum (through the end of this year), and Marriott Platinum, that's a LOT of business. I obviously don't need the points, but the credit for the stays would be required.

Without a change to this policy, I won't even call Holiday Inn any more...
Old Jul 3, 2005, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by sparker
Marriott has my business for the rest of this contract. As somebody who's Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Platinum (through the end of this year), and Marriott Platinum, that's a LOT of business. I obviously don't need the points, but the credit for the stays would be required.
Marriott seems to be very liberal in giving out credits and points for all stays regardless of the channel booked as long as you make sure that your membership number is on the folio when you check out (even on Priceline stays).

IMHO as long as the booking is done directly with the hotel one should ALWAYS get the stay credit and points. I think that this would only be fair.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM,Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sparker
You know, I wouldn't even mind if they said "we don't give out points for most of our stays, because you don't pay enough". But not crediting the number of nights towards next year's program really stinks. For example, I'm doing a long-term contract, and was staying at a Staybridge. The company uses lots of consultants, so they get a decent discount ($70 vs $114 per night. This is more than the "30% threshold)

I'm willing to accept not getting points, but to stay there for three months with nothing to show for it at all (no credit for any nights) provides zero incentive to stick with this program...
Had same experience last year. After CS turned down my request to at least credit me for nights, I did exactly what I told them I would do; checked out mid-week, canceled the remaining reservations and now stay exclusively at Marriott and SPG.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:18 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Just when I thought I had a handle on what stays qualified for stay credit (Any rate booked on the PC website open to the general public) I find my stay at a CP booked under the June Online sale has been counted as a non-qualifying stay.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just when I thought I had a handle on what stays qualified for stay credit (Any rate booked on the PC website open to the general public) I find my stay at a CP booked under the June Online sale has been counted as a non-qualifying stay.
I have had stays booked on AAA and other rates posted as non-qualifying stay. Just email PC and they should take care of it.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
I have had stays booked on AAA and other rates posted as non-qualifying stay. Just email PC and they should take care of it.
Thanks, [b]holtju2[b]. I of course did contact PC and believe the points will eventually post. I was just miffed that there appears to be no clear guidelines on exactly what was a qualifying rate. I thought I had it worked out that all rates open to the general public, and reserved on the PC website, would automatically qualify with no glitches. Evidently not.

I can somewhat understand the problems some people are having with special corporate rates, Entertainment rates, and AAA rates, as one must be a member of these organizations (and are therefore not really "open" to the public), but I never expected it with the rate I used. Live and learn.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can somewhat understand the problems some people are having with special corporate rates, Entertainment rates, and AAA rates, as one must be a member of these organizations (and are therefore not really "open" to the public), but I never expected it with the rate I used. Live and learn.
When I have emailed the PC about missing credits I always include a note in the message box that I had booked the reservation on the official website and used the AAA rate that under PC rules does qualify for the stay credit and points.

To be exact I have done it three times this year. Twice with one property.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:59 pm

Stay 2for1 is non qualifying for points!

My reservation didnt show up at my pc account, so I had to email pc. The fixed it and sent me another reservation confirmation which includes the sentence
-not eligible for points-
Guarantee Type & Cancellation Policy
------------------------------------
MASTER CARD
FOR CXL OR NO SHOW ENTIRE STAY PYMT WILL BE FORFEITED

RATE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR POINTS

-

All rates quoted are per room, per night

Thats really pitty, because I also thought that all rates booked with 6c.com will qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.