Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza - Vilnius Lithuania

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Had a stay here last nights on points break rate.

bargain to be honest.

As plat upgraded to exec room, free drinks and snack voucher at bar.

Missed breakfast due to an early flight but they made me a lunch box.

A friend who was with me staying on same rate booked under my name received late check out to 1500 despite personally no status.

Good friendly customer service. Very happy.

Rooms clean, large and very comfy which I have to say seems rare in Lithuania.

There are some renovations going on which the hotel will need but overall relatively happy.

Agree with previous comment it is no leading edge property but for this country it is a good choice.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
A number of forum members have mentioned that they will be staying here on the latest round of PointBreaks (myself included).

Being that the last post in this thread was written nearly 2 years ago, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if those of you who have stayed recently would be kind enough to post updated information about the property.

My contribution: From TripAdvisor, I was able to ascertain that the lobby floor was refurbished a number of months back.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
A number of forum members have mentioned that they will be staying here on the latest round of PointBreaks (myself included).

Being that the last post in this thread was written nearly 2 years ago, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if those of you who have stayed recently would be kind enough to post updated information about the property.

My contribution: From TripAdvisor, I was able to ascertain that the lobby floor was refurbished a number of months back.
Stayed in November of 2016, nice property, no complains at all. A couple of kms away from Old Town, but there is supermarket next to CP and nice leafy area around it.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm currently in the middle of a weekend stay so can't yet write any definite review but can mention a few initial impressions.

- Breakfast seems to be free (at least for me!). The FD never mentioned the cost and just said 'you can take Breakfast from 8AM' (this is weekends). When I got there nobody was having their room number checked. People just took a table and helped themselves. The breakfast itself is nothing to write home about, however. Another downside was that there doesn't seem to be any fresh orange juice ,only this cheap and nasty fruit juice dispensed from a machine.

- Location is better than people give it credit for. Really nice area by Vingis park. There's a little walk into town but it's along one of the more pleasant streets in the city.

- It has to be one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed at. I'm on a high floor which helps but it seems a good choice if you want some place a bit more peaceful.

- Room seems a little cold. Possibly because weather is atrocious right now and unseasonably cold even for the Baltics (4C yesterday). The thermo control doesn't seem to do anything so I guess it's being overridden. Fortunately, I can cope with a room a little on the cool side and it's good for sleeping. You could try asking the FD for one of those noisy convection heaters if it bothers you but I assume that once the temperaure goes back towards double figures this won't be an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.