Community
Wiki Posts
Search

There is no Breakfast Benefit of in Priority Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2004, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
There is no Breakfast Benefit of in Priority Club

Sorry to do this, but I have read yet another thread where someone has remarked that as a Platinum PC member they did not get a free breakfast.

Well, for the umpteenth time: There is NO BREAKFAST BENEFIT with the PC program, even as a Platinum member, and particularly at IC properties unless you booked room rate incluldes breakfast. The only other way you may get a breakfast is if you are staying at an HI or CP and as your Platinum benefit are upgraded to their Club or Executive level floor. Then you have access to the normal Club/Exec Lounge breakfast.

At ICs, there is only an upgrade to the next level of room booked, so unless you pay for top, non-Club rate [Deluxe room] you are not entitled to an automatic Club upgrade at ICs, even if space is available.

Otherwise remember this: THERE IS NO BREAKFAST BENEFIT WITH PC PLATINUM OR GOLD!!!!

Last edited by Shareholder; Apr 14, 2004 at 7:10 pm
Old Apr 14, 2004, 5:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Point taken AND correct.

That is why I prefer a room on Exec Floor to a suite most of the time. In China I often get put in a spacious suite for one night stops that I don't need. Occasionally, I am lucky and get BOTH (suite and Exec floor). Then I am really happy. Overall, I still prefer Hilton as I ALWAYS get breakfast even if not on Executive Floors.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 8:10 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
I stay at a Crowne Plaza weekly and most times I am upgraded but sometimes they can't upgrade me. I've found that as a Platinum if I ask they will give me access to the executive/club level. They've done this when I've had suites on non-club/non-executive level's and when I've just had regular rooms. Granted, it may be because I stay at this hotel every single week and they know me but it may be something you other Platinums may want to try to ask for if you can't get a room on those "special" levels.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Otherwise remember this: THERE IS NO BREAKFAST BENEFIT WITH PC PLATINUM OR GOLD!!!!
Hey! Tough bananas! I'm hungry, I wanna eat. They no give, I say "no breakfast got". I don't care about PLT benefit and their $2.50 breakfast for $20.50. I'll eat at 7-11 and save $18.50. Then I stay at Hilton, I get breakfast and IC gets no money from me. ^

Last edited by Cygnus X-1; Apr 15, 2004 at 12:18 am
Old Apr 15, 2004, 5:06 am

FYI: The Holiday Inn at Washington Dulles give Platinums a Free Breakfast voucher (no room upgrade though).

I guess there may be other specific hotels where the Free breakfast is given to the Plats but these are local hotel offers.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 6:08 am

I understand breakfast isn't a stated benefit, but you may get lucky.

My last two HI stays (Charleston Historic District & Brownstone in Raleigh) offered breakfast buffet coupons for each day (in addition to the brkfst served on the exec floor) and drink coupons for each evening. There are Hiltons in both locations so maybe they're feeling the competition. Anyway...both stays were great and the perks are much appreciated.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 7:07 am

I do not travel to cities that have IC's so I have never stayed at one, however, I ask and have received 100% of the time for a breakfast voucher for the restaurant. This is at properties where I frequent.

On another note, I read all these negative's about the breakfast buffets. They are however a terrific value and the offerings are a great way to start the day. Fresh fruit, yogurt, OJ, oatmeal and the like.

Granted they do not offer the great american breakfast (vein clogging, artery choaking bacon, egg's, sausage et al), but that's a GOOD thing. You just may save your life and about $20.00

John
Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:10 am

Many HI's offer breakfast buffet coupons to Plats like me, but not all. Sometimes it is dollars off, sometimes free. At Staybridge chain a really good, hot, free breakfast. Not the greatest but includes scrambled eggs etc, with fruit, yogurt, cereal. Also offers a free dinner snack.
Free at the Express - but I stick to cereal, maybe a bagel.
Not been to a Candlewood yet, but wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a breakfast.

I surely cannot complain about anything that's free, either that or go to MacDonalds or juice at 711.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 9:48 am
Patron

Hotel Room Upgrades for Platinum Members

Originally Posted by holbropa
I stay at a Crowne Plaza weekly and most times I am upgraded but sometimes they can't upgrade me. I've found that as a Platinum if I ask they will give me access to the executive/club level...
Hotel Room Upgrades for Platinum Members
Platinum level members will be offered a complimentary upgrade to the hotel's Concierge or Club Level (for Crowne Plaza) or to the hotel's Executive Level or Executive Edition Level (for Holiday Inn brands), or to the best available room, as determined by the hotel, which might include rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views. The upgrade will be offered at time of check-in, based on availability, and will only apply to the member's personal guest room. The hotel is not required to upgrade members to suites or specialty rooms. Upgrade benefit will not apply to rooms booked as a Reward Night reservation.

Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:46 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Patron
Upgrade benefit will not apply to rooms booked as a Reward Night reservation.
This is not the case at Hhonors hotels. Can't see why PCs most valuable members should not be able to use the upgrade benefit on reward nights
Old Apr 28, 2004, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
The only real vaule I see of PC platinum/Ambassador is the free weekend certificates. I received two with my new membership. I did get breakfast one time staying at IC Singapore and that is all. IC only award points on qualifying stays, so the low internet only or promo rates don't qualify. Hiltons get me breakfast 90% of the time and points on all published rates.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Motion122
The only real vaule I see of PC platinum/Ambassador is the free weekend certificates. I received two with my new membership. I did get breakfast one time staying at IC Singapore and that is all. IC only award points on qualifying stays, so the low internet only or promo rates don't qualify. Hiltons get me breakfast 90% of the time and points on all published rates.
I have been a Plat for many years and I have never got a free weekend cert.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 7:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jimc_usa
I have been a Plat for many years and I have never got a free weekend cert.
You have to be a member of "The Ambassador's Club" for the cert which is a paid-for higher level with the IC hotels. That used to provide PLT status. Sometimes it's worth it, but I say no at $150.00. A refereal program at $99 last year was a bit interesting, but now they are adding incentives to join like FF Miles, PC points, etc. Why not IC charge $50.00 then I'll join for the weekend cert.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Motion122
What I only got ONE!
However I have always been upgraded so I got a free breakfast.. but I only go to SIN or HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.