Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC using COVID to deny RA benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LondonElite
It is completely reasonable for these benefits to be put on hold. It should be obvious why hotel clubs are closed, so I don’t think you have much of a case, and there’s certainly no need to inform you about this in advance.
Nonsense. If a hotel closes facilities or certain services won't be provided then they should inform the guest prior to arrival.
Old May 28, 2020, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Should probably add that the hotel did not contact me to advise on any changes. It was only because I called them to find out about restaurants/bars and other facilities when I was told that there would be no Club access. I subsequently cancelled by bookings because there was no adequate replacement benefit offered. ...

I will certainly not give them any money.
Exactly. No need to waste any cash at a hotel that is taking advantage of the situation. Just go for best price then and find a better value elsewhere. Why pay extra money for a particular brand just to have none of your usual benefits? Makes no sense whatsoever.
Old May 28, 2020, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Dave, maybe we can agree to disagree on this one....

I ended up booking the Four Seasons via hotels.com....included free valet parking, newly refurbished rooms and great breakfast. And right next to the now deserted Rocks area. And was cheaper than the IC anyway....might be time to change my affiliations with hotel programs if this becomes a trend that hotels are simply abusing our loyalty as I feel the "friendship" is being stretched too far now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.