Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus: Royal Ambassador Experiences and Bookings

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2020, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Coronavirus: Royal Ambassador Experiences and Bookings

Any recent RA experiences during covid? Just wondering if we'll get offered breakfast, minibar, nothing or the basics. I haven't traveled since mid March but am planning on DC next month so was curious.
Old May 18, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
Any recent RA experiences during covid? Just wondering if we'll get offered breakfast, minibar, nothing or the basics. I haven't traveled since mid March but am planning on DC next month so was curious.
I tried to book the Boston IC but it still seems to be closed.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Upcoming stays in July and August will be paid and redemption at IC AMS, i'll try and report back !
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I've mailed reservations at Amstel, the reply is that all RA-benefits still apply -- fortunately not as cost cutting as British Airways
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Originally Posted by HadesNL
I've mailed reservations at Amstel, the reply is that all RA-benefits still apply -- fortunately not as cost cutting as British Airways
That’s nice to know 😀 I’ll be in Berlin next week, have to wonder what they will offer! According to the hotel website there is no f&b or lounge . If it comes to it I’ll have to empty some of the minibar out and put some food in it 🙈. A breakfast bag doesn’t sound too appealing for five days lol
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:59 am

@ ninjalad
never been to IC Berlin but i hope the lounge opens soon for you otherwise it is raid the minibar anyway

On a different note,

IC SIN
Having a nonrefundable booking here for July, i am very impressed the hotel reached out to me to discuss my reservation.
Just yesterday the word came out that IHG group is extending the cancellation waivers till 31AUG 2029 so that was a quick action on the hotel's part. I wonder if this is due to the RA status that they are eager to make a goid impression by processing their refunds first.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
My first post Corona stay will be mid July. The IC in question has a lounge but it’s shut. Other restaurants are open in the hotel.

in this case, the RA benefit/compensation is just free breakfast.

Do you think this should be treated as “denied Club”?

The hotel is still selling Club rooms.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Oh it seems a bit naughty to sell club rooms if the lounge is closed ! Perhaps if other places open then arrangements will be made to use them as a 'Club experiance'
In Berlin club rooms are not on sale ,though I see that I am now in a suite location (formerly club senior suite)
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
I stayed at IC DC The Wharf this past week. Received upgrade (booked standard room, received Water Suite), early check-in, late check-out, minibar credit, breakfast ($50 room service credit since the restaurant is closed) and free water. No welcome amenity (you'd think they could provide something prepackaged like Kimpton does) or welcome letter. No general housekeeping and everything "extra" was removed from the room (notepads, pens, bathroom amenities like razors, toothbrushes, etc). The minibar pricelist was still there, though and basic Agraria toiletries, too. There was a bathrobe but no slippers. No parking valet service so no one greeting you at the door.
It was still a great stay, my first hotel stay since mid-March!
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Willard in DC is back to near normal, with a couple of exceptions. Cafe du Parc is open for breakfast and dinner. Indoor or outdoor. They have plates and cutlery, but bizarrely they have no glassware. They claimed that it was a city regulation, but that isn't true as all the other restaurants have glassware. The server took the plastic cup of Pinot Noir off my bill at least.

And at check in they told me that government regulation meant they had to take out the mini-bar. I asked to speak to management and it turns out that I was misinformed There is no government regulation about that and indeed the W next door has full minibars. Management said that if I wanted any minibar items I could call down for them and whatever I wanted would be brought to the room. Complimentary for RA's of course.

On the plus side I received an exceptional upgrade to one of the named suites.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Is the rooftop pool open at IC DC Wharf? Can you order from Kith & Kin up to your room for lunch and dinner?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gentleman Adventurer
Is the rooftop pool open at IC DC Wharf? Can you order from Kith & Kin up to your room for lunch and dinner?
The pool wasn't open for swimming last week, but you could make a reservation to eat up there. There was a very limited room service menu but it was available for lunch and dinner
Old Jul 4, 2020, 9:20 am

IC AMS July

Reporting live from IC AMS:

Booked a 1 night birthday stay with 1 revenue and 2 reward bookings.
booked > got upgraded:
Revenue junior suite river view > executive suite river view
Award executive room city view > executive room river view

Other facts:
early check in possible
late check out pro-actively offered
no more free minibar = no liquer bottle display aswell as no filled fridge
(due to covid19, hotel views the minibar as a risk of surface contact)
no welcome amenity
no drinks voucher
complimentary 2 big bottles of evian water - replenished during turn down service
seemed to get preferred seating next to the river in the restaurant

* restaurant, bar and pool are open and available only if you reserve a timeslot

i'll post more of the hotel and its covid19 adaptation in its own thread

still received the standard RA welcome letter

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 4, 2020 at 11:33 pm
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
So HadesNL in summary your RA benefits were
- early Check-in
​​​​​​- room upgrade
- late check out?

That seems poor. No hotel credit?

If they can bring shampoo bottles they can bring minibar bottles.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:29 am

Yeah it seems poor value looking at it from the benefits perspective.

When it comes to late check out, they pro-actively offered this but it wasn't needed because we had to return home in time.
And when it comes to welcome amenity i remembered that there are 2 complimentary 1 litre evian bottles that were replenished at turn down service,

The hotel credit is something i totally forgot about ! Oops!

I think (making a hard guess) that there is no more minibar, is because the hotel is now focused on the domestic local Dutch clientele, who are generally speaking frugal and won't pay those high prices

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.