Search

HUALUXE Shanghai Twelve at Hengshan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2020, 7:03 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
HUALUXE Shanghai Twelve at Hengshan [Master Thread]

Twelve at Hengshan, formerly a Luxury Collection hotel operating under Marriott/legacy Starwood, will be joining IHG as a HUALUXE property.

Property link here: https://www.ihg.com/spnd/hotels/us/e...hg/hoteldetail - still a bit sparse, so I'd expect more info in the coming days.

khabah
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 9:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Wow, the link in Marriott is officially down. This was one of the nicer luxury properties in Shanghai with Marriott, sad to see it go..

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...otel-shanghai/

Sorry, we can't find the page you requested.

You may have received this message because this page you seek is no longer available on Marriott website.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by exploreaswego
Wow, the link in Marriott is officially down. This was one of the nicer luxury properties in Shanghai with Marriott, sad to see it go..

I walk by there several times per week, and it doesn't appear much has changed (based on the lobby view only).
Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:30 am
formerly rt23456p

I am currently staying at this hotel and wanted to share some details about my experience. I arrived late last night from Pudong International Airport and discovered that the hotel does not have an executive lounge. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they now offer Happy Hour to Diamond members, even those who don't have lounge passes from a 40-night reward. The Happy Hour takes place from 5:30pm to 7:30pm on the fifth floor of the hotel's restaurant wing, which is also the same location as breakfast. If you are staying in the guestroom wing, you'll need to go down to the first-floor lobby, walk over the check-in desk, and access the restaurant wing elevator to reach the Happy Hour facility.

It's worth mentioning that this hotel is six floors tall, and the closest metro station, Line 1 Hengshan Road, has its third exit conveniently embedded within the outer walls of the hotel.

Regarding the perks for Diamond members, expect inner view balcony room upgrades, complimentary breakfast, two drink vouchers, and a fruit plate. While obtaining a suite upgrade in this hotel is nearly impossible, I should note that the standard rooms are already quite spacious, measuring over 45 sqm
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:54 am
formerly rt23456p

Finished Happy Hour, good food, bad drinks.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 12:35 pm
formerly rt23456p

This hotel owner seems to have a bigger budget, CCTV is Bosch instead of the typical Hikvision you will see across China, similarly, milk powering the coffee machine is from 认养一头牛 instead of the cheaper and more common 蒙牛/伊利 in typical hotels.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This hotel is amazingly quiet for where it is located. It's a great choice in Shanghai.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
This hotel is amazingly quiet for where it is located. It's a great choice in Shanghai.
I'm dating both of us here, but I want to remind you that Hengshan Rd was the epicenter of Shanghai when we were in our 20s (e.g. Bourbon Street, Sasha's, Zapata's). Now, it certainly is quiet.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:21 pm

Hi! Just made an account here to ask about Hualuxe Twelve at Hengshan. I am planning to stay at either Xintiandi (Langham) or Hengshan (Hualuxe) for a long term stay of 3 months. Anyone experience with both locations? I am in my late 20s and travelling for work.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:46 pm

I have lived in both of those areas, not in hotels though. Hengshan is much more chill than xtd. Since you mention you are in your 20s, I'm wondering if ja is also on your radar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.