Wiki Posts
Search

Free night: not returned, Creation IHG C C

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH, IHG, AA,
Free night: not returned, Creation IHG C C

I have a Creation IHG Credit Card, I had a booking for Geneva for the EBACE show in May 2020, the show is now cancelled so I cancelled my hotel booking,
unlike using my IHG points and cancelling where my points go back into my pot, the yearly free night from Creation for spending over 10K GBR was lost for good, not to be reused, nowhere to be seen after cancelling

is this the norm for IHG Credit Cards

thanks

Rob
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Had the same connundrum, but with a Chase card annual perk booking: event canceled for C-19.
I called IHG reservations first and laid out the situation -- CSR offered to cancel the reservation, gave a confirmation number, and had my perk certificate restored -and showing- in my account before the call was completed.

Last edited by CaveatEmpty; Mar 18, 2020 at 7:49 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by N181DN
I have a Creation IHG Credit Card, I had a booking for Geneva for the EBACE show in May 2020, the show is now cancelled so I cancelled my hotel booking,
unlike using my IHG points and cancelling where my points go back into my pot, the yearly free night from Creation for spending over 10K GBR was lost for good, not to be reused, nowhere to be seen after cancelling

is this the norm for IHG Credit Cards

thanks

Rob
I cancelled my creation free night at the weekend and the voucher was back in my IHG account straight away. When does it expire?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
It does normally come back pretty sharpish if in date.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I had to cancel my Creation CC free night voucher reservation last night. Voucher was back in my account instantly.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 11:13 am

my Chase free night - expires March 31 - was booked for March to use, but obviously had to cancel. When asked for extension of Chase free night, since not going to be able to go anywhere before the 3-31, due to COVID-19, IHG agent said she would put a ticket in. Haven't heard anything since last week, now as of today all accounts seem to be locked out when me and my husband both try to login... and IHG membership is closed... anyone had luck with getting an extension on their Chase free night, so far?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.